Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Client ID#

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Client ID#
    Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 6:21pm
Is the Client ID# the same for the sponsor as it is for the applicant?  I'm trying to order CAIPS notes, but I don't have a signed consent from the applicant, nor do I have time to get one.  I do however have a signed 'Use of a Representative' form.  I read somewhere this can be used in lieu of a consent, but the form is asking for the Client ID #.  I have a client ID # on my sponsorship approval letter, but would this be MY client ID# (and different from the applicant's)?
Application received in Mississauga Jan. 16/10
Sponsorship approved Feb. 4/10
Received in Ankara ... in process Feb. 24/10
Interview scheduled April 21/10
Visa received Apr. 22/10
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 6:27pm
That client ID number is for you, but......
The client is you, you are the one applying for PR, the sponsor is basically the one saying, hey, I want this person here with me.

So your client number is the same as your sponsor, its more like a case ID number, it would perhaps be better if it were called that, it would remove any doubt then.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 7:02pm
Well, there is a case ID number, called "file number" for overseas applications. Client ID number is not a "case" number, because the client ID stays the same for life - whether you apply for temporary residence, permanent residence, or sponsor someone.

Client ID = unique, per person, but stays the same across multiple applications. Format: 0000-0000
File Number = unique, per application (for overseas applications). Format: B000000000

Occasionally a person may be assigned a new client ID, but that is a mistake.

Anyway, for the CAIPS notes, you need the client ID and file number for the person being sponsored. You can find this out from the call centre by giving them the sponsor's client ID if necessary.
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
javcil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 9:29pm
Thanks guys!!  I'll email my MIL and see if it is on the papers she received from the consulate.
Application received in Mississauga Jan. 16/10
Sponsorship approved Feb. 4/10
Received in Ankara ... in process Feb. 24/10
Interview scheduled April 21/10
Visa received Apr. 22/10
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic