Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

re: PDOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: re: PDOS
    Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 9:52am
hi!
me and my son are scheduled to leave for canada 2 1/2 weeks from now under spousal visa. my problem is that when i got our visa i was told to attend the Pre Departure Orientation Seminar or  known as (PDOS) and get the  OEC or Overseas Employment Certificate. i called the POEA so many times i even went there to inquire about it, but i got the same answer that: "i dont need the PDOS and OEC because i dont have a working contract from canada or im not even direct hired.

my concern is that in my passport, the visa that was issued to me  by the canadian embassy here in the philippines is "worker or category W1" (and in my approval letter it was stated there open-work permit).and im afraid that on the day of our departure, that we'll be hold at the immigration since i dont have the PDOS & OEC, and i have that "worker" in my visa.
i even did some phone inquiry at the immigration department in NAIA and was told that they cant decide since they haven't seen my docs. i hope somebody out there can help me with this concern, or if they have idea about this kind of situation. Thank you and God Bless!

andrea

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
andrei
teddybear007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddybear007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 12:16pm
Hello check this web site:
www.cfo.gov.ph  and phone them only the CFO office and PDOS can help you, NAIA can't give you exact answer and POEA ..

Edited by teddybear007 - 23 Mar 2010 at 12:19pm
Landed in Toronto June 23,2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic