Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigrating from India under express entry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Immigrating from India under express entry
    Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 3:08pm
Hi

I am planning to apply for the Express entry PR come 1jan 2015. Recently I met a representative of Skills International who said they will charge money and help find a job while being in my home country. Has anyone heard of this name and can I trust them

Thanks

Edited by Hope2015 - 12 Jul 2014 at 3:10pm
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2014 at 8:48pm
Hi

Originally posted by Hope2015 Hope2015 wrote:

Hi

I am planning to apply for the Express entry PR come 1jan 2015. Recently I met a representative of Skills International who said they will charge money and help find a job while being in my home country. Has anyone heard of this name and can I trust them

Thanks

Your probably throwing your money away. No one knows how "express entry" will work as CIC hasn't announced the details. Also it is against Canadian law for them to charge you for finding a job in Canada.
PMM
Hope2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 12:16am
Thanks for this
hrishi4669 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hrishi4669 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 5:34am
hello,
i am also planning to apply for the Express entry PR come 1 jan 2015.
i am newbie here.

Hope2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 10:44pm
Hi hrishi4669

Welcome aboard.

I have talked to a lot of people and as I understand, we don't know much about the new system before it is officially announced by the CIC.

It's best to either wait or apply through the ongoing PR scheme.

Let's keep this forum alive for others to be benefitted too.
attorneycolin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote attorneycolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 3:03pm
Here is a post I wrote on what you need to know about hiring a professional in this industry

http://immigration.ca/en/why-hire-an-immigration-lawyer.html

You can also listen to the above article in audio on the go.

Cheers,
--
-----
COLIN R. SINGER, Attorney
Certified Human Resources Professional
Canadian Citizenship & Immigration
Resource Center (CCIRC) Inc.
515-4999 Ste-Catherine St. West
Montreal, Canada H3Z 1T3

Tel: (514) 487-2011
Fax: (514) 487-2385
Email: [email protected]
Web:   http://www.immigration.ca

Licensed Recruitment Professionals:

Global Recruiters Network of Montreal
515-4999 Ste-Catherine St. West
Montreal, Canada H3Z 1T3

Tel: (514) 788-8878
Fax: (514) 487-2385
Email: [email protected]
Web:   http://www.grnmontreal.com

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential or subject to copyright.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain viruses. The information contained in this
e-mail is prepared using hardware and drawn from sources believed to be reliable, but the accuracy
and completeness of the information is not guaranteed, nor in providing it does Canadian Citizenship
& Immigration Resource Center (CCIRC) Inc assume any liability for its contents.

Hope2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 10:53pm
That was very useful information Colin. Greatly appreciated. Now the question is how will I be able to get myself a job when my immigration visa comes through? I would prefer to have a job before moving, really.
And I also hear that once I apply for the skilled worker visa, I can start applying for jobs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic