Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Applicant ID?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Applicant ID?
    Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 10:21pm
I have a Visitors Record with Applicant ID on it, I Presume this ID is the same one CIC would use for my PR application? Do I put this on my medical form too?

Thanks
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 12:35am
I wouldnt put that on anything personally, I got a client ID when my extention was refused, though I suspect it will be the same, I will only use it once the application for PR has gone in and I am sure as to whether or not they do use the same client ID, in saying that though, they should do.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 2:22am
It should be called a "client id," and it is indeed the id that will stay with you for life. The client id on my very first Visitor Record, many years prior to my application for PR, is the id number on my PR card -- I did not know that, did not even compare the various VRs I received over the years, and did not recognize it until after receiving the VR in response to an application to extend my visitor status (while my PR app was in process), when I finally compared the various VRs I had received over the course of several years . . . and then later compared to my PR card, and indeed, there it is.

So, if you recognize it, yeah you probably should include it in the appropriate space (I forget what the app to extend even looks like . . . I know there is a place for it in the PR forms, somewhere) but there is no harm, apparently, in not including it, as I did not (again, because at the time I was not even aware of what it was . . . and only started looking for it in the process of accessing eCas).
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:13am
If you already have your client ID number (8 numbers, with a dash in the middle, e.g. 1234-5678) it is a good idea to include it on all the forms in the appropriate space. It's not required, but it can only help make CIC's job easier when matching up the various parts of your file, e.g. medical results. You should also include it with any correspondence you send separately.
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 2:41pm
The client Id I have is the same on both my VR's I was guessing it would be the same as I can log onto CIC With it any make various applications for staying in Canada, I didnt put it on my medical form in the end as the nurse didnt know if CIC would give me a new one or not.
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic