Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

advice for visitor visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdpd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice for visitor visa
    Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 7:07pm
hello

i am Canadian citizen, working as scientist, my spouse join me as visitor visa recently.

is any way to convert his visitor visa to work visa?
my employer ready to offer him same level job but that is very long process as they need to collect all labor market opinion and so on.

if i apply for his PR how long it will take to process.

please advice
thanks

DD
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2014 at 3:36pm
Hi

Originally posted by sdpd sdpd wrote:

hello

i am Canadian citizen, working as scientist, my spouse join me as visitor visa recently.

is any way to convert his visitor visa to work visa?
my employer ready to offer him same level job but that is very long process as they need to collect all labor market opinion and so on.

if i apply for his PR how long it will take to process.

please advice
thanks

1. No, you can't convert visitor record to work permit.
2. To work, s/he would require an approved LMO from the employer, 6-16 weeks processing after the 1 month advertising period.
3. If you apply as an "in Canada" spousal, he would be eligible to apply for a work permit after 1st level approval, 11 months. An "out of Canada" spousal application will take 56 days for sponsorship approval at Mississauga, and the processing time for the overseas offices are listed here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp He wouldn't be able to work until he receives his PR status.
PMM
agegoldsale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agegoldsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 3:52am

The second era dates back to Cheap ESO Gold the 1980s and 1990s, during which time professional developers and publishers ran into business. Their cooperation gave birth to a series of online games open to the public. The characters the players played could kind of grow up in the same virtual world, instead of passers-by in the games in PLATO. And a new-born business shaped. Fees were needed when playing the game.http://www.cheapeso.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic