Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I get a UCI number??!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achristo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get a UCI number??!!
    Posted: 14 May 2014 at 3:43pm
I'm currently trying to get a UCI number for my husband. I'm a canadian citizen living in England and am going to be sponsoring my husband to immigrate to Canada. He requires a medical to come but we are told that we need a UCI number or a pardon from CIC.

Can anyone shed any light on how we might go about this??

Thanks!
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 4:38pm
UCI is typically the same as CID (Client ID Number), is 8 digits in length and is unique to each applicant. It is automatically issued to you whenever you submit any kind of an application to CIC and is typically assigned to each individual for life. All future CIC dealings will reference this number.

Have you actually submitted an application to CIC yet?

Edited by canuck25 - 17 May 2014 at 12:57am
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 2:19pm
Hi

Originally posted by achristo achristo wrote:

I'm currently trying to get a UCI number for my husband. I'm a canadian citizen living in England and am going to be sponsoring my husband to immigrate to Canada. He requires a medical to come but we are told that we need a UCI number or a pardon from CIC.

Can anyone shed any light on how we might go about this??

Thanks!

Just explain to the Panel Physician that is a spousal application and that no UCI or medical request from CIC is required for the upfront medical. You spouse won't have a UCI unless he has been issued a document by CIC previously.
PMM
achristo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achristo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 5:16pm
Thanks for the replies. We finally were able to speak to a very friend panel doctor in London who was able to give us the same info. Just a bit frustrating as it is unclear on the CIC website when you first start looking for the info. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic