Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ATIP REQUESTS - Instructions and Insights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpio123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 8:37pm
hi,

i have submitted an ATIP request, but did not attach documents which they ask at the last page, is this ok?

appreciate a reply..

thanks,
T.M.K.
sunny2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 9:56am
Hi, 

I got my Physical file and it only has my original application and the doc.i submitted with the original application. Nothing else, not even the filled RQ application and doc.submitted with RQ. Is this what everyone gets ?

There are no notes on my application.Ouch
montrealia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montrealia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 11:29am
Originally posted by sunny2014 sunny2014 wrote:

Hi, 

I got my Physical file and it only has my original application and the doc.i submitted with the original application. Nothing else, not even the filled RQ application and doc.submitted with RQ. Is this what everyone gets ?

I think most people get electronic files.

That said, you should have got a copy of your RQ submission. You may want to follow up on this with the complaint form that they sent you in the ATIP.
Office: Guess!!!
Received: 25 May 2011
In Process: 26 Jun 2012
pre-test RQ submitted: 03 Aug 2012
PR card renewed: June-Sept 2013, no issues
Test: 26 March 2014
Oath: 7 August 2014
scorpio123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpio123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 7:15pm
thanks for the reply canuck25, how long it takes usually to get the electronic files by email?

It says on the web site 30 days from submitting the request but I have been told it might take longer..anybody with similar situation?

T.M.K.
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 2:49pm
I ordered ATIP(gcms) on July 19th, status request reply from them says request was due on Aug 20th.
Email said they did not know when my ATIP request would be completed.

Still nothing....wait goes on....currently at 36 days.

Is there anyone else over 30 days and waiting for their notes?
sagafemina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagafemina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by canvis2006 canvis2006 wrote:

Is there anyone else over 30 days and waiting for their notes?

Yes, my one page notes took exactly 30 days and my full file (via emailed PDF) took about 40.  However, the latter contained the good news of my grant, while the former was not helpful at all except to prove that whoever reads the letters at CIC cannot read the word "April" (they read "August")...

Now, if you requested mailed paper documents, and especially if voluminous (or they spend a lot of time redacting the good parts), it could be longer. 

App rec'd 29 Dec 2010
Prcs 21 Nov 2011
Vic->BCIS 1 Feb 2012
Doc id, RQ issued 24 Apr 2013
60 hr, 158p, $70 RQ 23 Jun 13
ATIP 6/30: Cit grant 4 Jul 14
eCas 1st update 9/23 since Mar 13
Oath 10/14/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagafemina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 7:46pm

Hi, 

How long ago did you return your RQ?  Is there a  notation anywhere that the RQ has been matched to the file?  If not, then either they did not receive the RQ or it has not yet been incorporated into your file.  This process can take months. 

Did you send your RQ by a traceable route or with signature required?  If not, surely hope you kept a copy.  Some people have been asked to reproduce the whole packet when presumably the original was misplaced. 

There may be lines or whole pages redacted which might explain why no notes.  They don't typically make notations on your application itself. 

Is there a form CIT0065? 

You are a fairly new member.  It may be just too early for anything to register on your file as yet.  Don't despair.  Try again in 6 months...
App rec'd 29 Dec 2010
Prcs 21 Nov 2011
Vic->BCIS 1 Feb 2012
Oath 10/14/14
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:47am
Originally posted by sagafemina sagafemina wrote:

Hi, 

How long ago did you return your RQ?  Is there a  notation anywhere that the RQ has been matched to the file?  If not, then either they did not receive the RQ or it has not yet been incorporated into your file.  This process can take months. 

Did you send your RQ by a traceable route or with signature required?  If not, surely hope you kept a copy.  Some people have been asked to reproduce the whole packet when presumably the original was misplaced. 

There may be lines or whole pages redacted which might explain why no notes.  They don't typically make notations on your application itself. 

Is there a form CIT0065? 

You are a fairly new member.  It may be just too early for anything to register on your file as yet.  Don't despair.  Try again in 6 months...

Hi sagafemina,
I would appreciate your comments on this: My last month ATIP indicated form CIT0065B022008 and the Batch Name field: Miss_Records. This month ATIP report does not has both CIT0065B02200 Miss_Records and the Batch Name field is blank. What do you think????

Thanks
greeen View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:40am
Hi sagafemina- Sorry it's the way around. Last month ATIP did not had the form CIT0065B022008 and the Batch Name field: Miss_Records  BUT this month ATIP has them. Does that indicate that my 2012 RQ is being reviewed or any thing??? Thank you for the input.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagafemina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 11:48am
I'm no expert on these things, just reported based on my experience.  I would have been very concerned about anying suggesting Miss(inG) records! 

BUt I would think that having the form CIT0065etc form does mean that someone is working on your files, as this is where they will list the final approval.  So probably it DOES mean that your RQ is in process!
App rec'd 29 Dec 2010
Prcs 21 Nov 2011
Vic->BCIS 1 Feb 2012
Oath 10/14/14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic