Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spam on the forum - where are the moderators?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spam on the forum - where are the moderators?
    Posted: 07 May 2014 at 9:43am
I realize - as I am sure do many others - that since dpenabill decided to take a permanent sabbatical from this forum we've had a major issue with spam posts. It appears they were previously promptly deleted by moderators (I am guessing dpenabill), but now that job has fallen off the wagon. I'll be glad to do the job just to avoid seeing more an more garbage here.

Otherwise, if moderators are reading this - please do your job and delete spam topics and posts on a daily basis.

Edited by canuck25 - 17 May 2014 at 1:03am
montrealia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montrealia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 10:09am
I'm just commenting here because I agree with canuck25 and I don't want this thread to be lost in the middle of the spam!
Office: Guess!!!
Received: 25 May 2011
In Process: 26 Jun 2012
pre-test RQ submitted: 03 Aug 2012
PR card renewed: June-Sept 2013, no issues
Test: 26 March 2014
Oath: 7 August 2014
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 12:22pm
Perhaps to discontent of some fellow forum members, I will say that dpenabill never was a good, or even acceptable moderator.

He was a good contributor at times, but he should never have been given an administrative task.

In fact, what he lacked is someone (a moderator) to set the rules of behavior for him - to make his contribution more meaningful.

He never understood that the role of moderator is to promote discussion, not to monopolize it.

He never understood he should have been a team player.

For example, the comme il faut of this forum was for everyone to share their timelines, and dpenabill - the moderator who should set the example - was the only one hiding his head in a hole.

dpenabill never reacted positively to any constructive criticism of his behavior.

So there's no surprise that he just chooses to run away without even talking to forum administration and arranging his replacement.

He was a pity of moderator and remains a pity former moderator.

Perhaps of course if he reads this post he logs in just to delete this.
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 12:25pm
Ski, while I appreciate your thoughts on dpenabill and her/his participation style in this forum, the thread is not about discussing her/his shortcomings or successes. It is simply a message to whomever moderates the forum that they need to address spam issues.

Edited by canuck25 - 17 May 2014 at 1:04am
nureya View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nureya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 12:50pm
Nice discussion....where are these spams coming from? they should give more admin rights to other people too who can remove these garbages.

Nureya
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 8:49am
Clearly my plea fell on deaf ears. You can now buy anything from a passport to Justin Bieber posters on this forum.

Justice4B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice4B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 9:05am

Maybe if you call the direct attention of Lawyer Colin Singer, whose firm owns this FORUM, you might get a new Moderator, and likely resolve the Spam issue:

Emad View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 2:40pm
There was a spam attack on our servers and we are working to rectify the issue. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. 
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 3:03pm
Thanks for the response. Is there any way more of us among senior members can get involved and help out?

Emad View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 3:16pm
canuck25 and ski have been assigned as moderators to the forum.

Please PM me if there are any concerns.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic