Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spam on the forum - where are the moderators?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sagafemina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 7:38pm
After not finding an obvious "report spam" link, I discovered that it is possible to report spammers (of which we have more than a few lately!) by clicking on "Post Options", third of which is "report post".  Presumably this will call spam to the attention of mods or admin who can then (hopefully promptly) delete the post. 

At least it will make their job easier not to have to notice or LOCATE the spam but just to delete it.  I'm pretty sure they would appreciate it if all of us participated in this thankless and neverending task.  It might make the forum more useful to those of us who use it for legitimate purposes. 
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 11:13pm
That is correct - whenever a post is reported it is emailed to all moderators for action.

I think approximately 50 spam posts from newly registered bots are deleted every day from this forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic