Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spam on the forum - where are the moderators?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nureya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 3:19pm
Why cant i be the moderator too? JK

N
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 4:48pm
I suppose I should write something; but I'm not sure what.

I did not expect this appointment, and I will do my best to help canuck25 to remove the spam as soon as possible.

If someone needs help with anything regarding the forum, please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help.

One thing I would like to contribute to the forum is perhaps to resume updating the timeline, which seems to have been abandoned for a couple of weeks now.

This may require copying the contents of the file into a new file because I was not able to get in touch with Edmonton2011 as it seems only she has the rights to edit the file. Or maybe someone knows better?
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 4:54pm
I second SKI's sentiment and am happy to help carry the torch until such time - such good time - that this forum will no longer be needed and everyone gets their applications processed:)

Edited by canuck25 - 17 May 2014 at 1:01am
nureya View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nureya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 5:44pm
Congrats canuck and skii...please keep the good job coming.

We are in immigration forum and we are seeing junk email for passport and ids in the forum....this should not be allowed. This is crazyTongue

Nureya

Edited by nureya - 08 May 2014 at 5:44pm
Emad View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 9:03am
Also, the forum has been upgraded which should significantly lower the number of spam posts. 
Justice4B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice4B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 9:14am
Emad --

Glad the issue of a new moderator is resolved. I believe the two new moderators will work diligently and bring some balance to the group of active participants.

Can you please confirm that this Forum belongs to Lawyer Colin Singer's firm.  Also, did you always have Admin. privileges, or have you just been given those?  As we well know, dpenabill always claimed to be clueless about an admn/owner for this Forum: I found that odd, very odd.

Thanks, all!
Emad View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 9:42am
Yes, the forum belongs to Colin Singer's firm. And yes, I am the administrator.
Justice4B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice4B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 10:43am
Thanks, Emad!
Mary Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 10:22am
Congrats ski & Canuck25 :)
Applied: Mar xx,2011
In Process: Oct xx,2011
Transfer: Nov xx,2011
Test: Jan xx,2012
RQ Received: May xx,2012
RQ Submitted: June xx,2012
Office: Mississauga(Now with St.Clair)
Oath: July 17, 2014
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 7:54pm
Finally there are some more moderators.
Dpenabill and I have tried our best in the past, but to delete/remove posts from every thread was frustrating since the same people would just return with new usernames. You cleaned it up and then few hours later it was the same, as if nothing had been done.

After a while it just got to the point where we thought, what's the point anymore? Hopefully you guys can do a better job!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic