Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHAT TO DO IF GET REFUSAL OF RE-ENTRY VISA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT TO DO IF GET REFUSAL OF RE-ENTRY VISA
    Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 9:50am
HI I WAS on student visa in toronto and it has bbeen two years in canada but unfortunately i got charge on dec1st 2009 in a case of theft under $500 . due to emergency i came back to india and while my visa was expired now in india i applied for re- entry visa but they refused may be because of my case. But my case is still in court and i am not convicted yet. they how can they announce me criminal and refused my visa. please help me and give me suggestion what should I do now to get my visa as my study is till may 2011
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 8:34pm
have u got the reason for your refusal??? did u answer the question of have u been arrested before and convicted??? it might have triggered i
the darkest hour lies nearest the dawn
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 2:12am
Did you finish up with your theft charge or just leave Canada?
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
Hunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:33am

my case was still in court and i came back to india due to some emergency here .....n yea i did write it that i was charged there.

and now my charge has been withdrawn as we won the case now tell me will i get visa or not
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 4:57am
No idea - I'm not an IO

Originally posted by Hunk Hunk wrote:

my case was still in court and i came back to india due to some emergency here .....n yea i did write it that i was charged there.

and now my charge has been withdrawn as we won the case now tell me will i get visa or not
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Hunk Hunk wrote:

Apply for your re-entry visa again and this time attach a record of the case where the charge has been withdrawn. Also explain that you need to be back to Canada to finish your studies. You can't be sure you'll get your visa but you sure won't get it if you did not apply again.

Edited by job_seeker - 26 Mar 2010 at 11:48am
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 10:42am
If the case was dropped (no conviction) then you're not criminally inadmissible, so as long as you meet all the other requirements (like before) you should get the study visa.
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic