Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR RENEW and travelling while in Unemployment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexteru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR RENEW and travelling while in Unemployment
    Posted: 06 May 2014 at 9:44am
Hello friends!
I have to renew my PR card and I am very estress, I made a mistake, I left Canada to go go my origin country 2 times while I was in unemployment without notifying that.

I have to renew my PR and I have to list all the jobs and if I've been in unemployment in the past 5 years.
I screw it up I KNOW, but pls give me a serious advise.
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:08pm
Exactly how have you screwed up? Did CIC send you any letter, etc?
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 7:15pm
Not enough information to know what the issue actually is, but my impression is that this is probably more about collecting EI and not properly reporting unavailability for work (due to travel outside Canada) than about compliance with the PR residency requirement. That is, I suspect the OP here is concerned about reporting time absent from Canada in contrast to what was not reported for purposes of EI.

If my impression is in the ball park, it is nonetheless a difficult situation to assess, since a lot depends on the particulars, ranging from extent of absences to what actually happened in the course of collecting EI. For example, I do not know much at all about what would constitute EI fraud in relation to such situations. I only know that of course fraud is serious, and if there was fraud, and there is a conviction, apart from such unpleasant consequences as jail time it can be grounds for the loss of PR status (depending on the particulars of the conviction).

If my impression is in the ball park, OP should probably consult with a lawyer.    

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
alexteru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexteru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 8:47am
Originally posted by alexteru alexteru wrote:

Hello friends!
I have to renew my PR card and I am very estress, I made a mistake, I left Canada to go go my origin country 2 times while I was in unemployment without notifying that.

I have to renew my PR and I have to list all the jobs and if I've been in unemployment in the past 5 years.
I screw it up I KNOW, but pls give me a serious advise.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic