Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Re-Medical

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aukcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re-Medical
    Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 3:42am
My spouse's medical has expired last week. application is still in process. I would like to know whether can do the medicals in our own or have to wait for the medical forms from the Canadian embassy?
Appreciate your comments
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 4:05am
Owing to the fact that you do not know how long the application is going to continue taking, you are better off waiting to be advised by the emmbassy before completing a new one.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 5:38pm
My understanding is that the request to re-do the medical includes a form that must be given to the DMP doing the exam, so there is no point in trying to get it done prior to getting the request.

The reason is obvious: the re-do needs to be bar-coded (I think they are bar-coded, but if not there is some equivalent) to link to the applicant's file already in process AND of course CIC is always concerned about the identity of the person actually showing up for the exam so they have some procedural safeguards built into the process to be sure it is the right person, the same person who was previously examined and the same person whose application is in process.

I think people sometimes overlook the extent to which identity is one of the most important issues, one of the most carefully scrutinized aspects, in any immigration process. A lot of required information and documentation is aimed at assuring identity.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
aukcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aukcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 2:35pm
dpenabill....... you are right. yesterday my wife received a letter from CHC states that they need 4 photographs  to issue a medical form and they asked to send this with in 30 days. hope things are moving and have to wait for the next letter from CHC. I guess it won't take too long.

is any one have any idea how long it takes once they send the medical form and to recievce the passport request?
leappiah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leappiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by aukcanada aukcanada wrote:

is any one have any idea how long it takes once they send the medical form and to recievce the passport request?

It's not always consistent everywhere, but my husband received his visa (no passport request, just a letter stating that his visa was ready to be issued) about six weeks after he submitted his second medical.
MrsI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 8:21pm
 aukcanada

I am on the same boat as u, even after two months of redoing the meds i am waiting for pass request or any news on my visa.Wierd huh!
stressout25 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stressout25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 8:48pm
Hi guys, I have a question. When the medical results read by the doctor doing the medical. Do the visa office has to read the medical results too or they just go with the doctor results?

Edited by stressout25 - 25 Mar 2010 at 8:51pm
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 9:20pm
The results are are enclosed, then there is the doctors write up from the physical examination, that is why you are asked a series of questions before x-rays and blood tests.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
k.pirrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k.pirrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 11:21pm
aukcanada,

my daughters medical expired as well, you need to wait for the  letter they might request   xray only not the whole thing.  
kat
aukcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aukcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 11:47pm
My wife went to CHC with the 4 Fotos requested by the CHC. they asked her to come in the after noon to collect the medical form. she went in the after noon but unfortunately due to technical difficulties (printer was not working at the CHC) they asked her to come next day or they will send it by post. but she said she will come her self to collect it. next day after noon she went and collect the form. following day medical was done and now waiting...

k.pirrie..
they asked to do all routine tests, not only the xray
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic