Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Medicals - Valid for one year?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggupta84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medicals - Valid for one year?
    Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 12:37am
Hi,

My father, mother and sister applied for immigration in 2003. We updated the documents in 2008. Yesterday, we received a request for medicals, rprf fees, application form (for the principal applicant) and passports.

I have 2 questions:

1) I live in canada and my parents and sister visited me last year. For the visa process, they did their medicals. Since, it happened less than one year, are those medicals valid for immigration now? Reason we are a bit sceptical is because my mother has diabetes and she might be denied a visa due to that.

2) Should we send the passports now or wait for a bit and send it? It seems too early to send it.

Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks.

sasbuk View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasbuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 7:05am
ggupta84,
Was the medical conducted earlier on the request of CIC...? for visit visa purposes....? I think Your family will have to under go for fresh medical from immigration point of view. Diabetes is not a disability from immigration point of view. Just dont worry. CIC is concerned only with Hep C, B and HIV, TB.

Please follow the instructions as mentioned in the letter. Do not act on your own or you may dealy your case further.

Edited by sasbuk - 15 Mar 2010 at 7:07am
Bukhari. Applied Dec.2004. PA / Docs update request 18 Feb.2010 / Docs sent on 12th March 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic