Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHC Abu Dhabi Work Permit Application Pls join her
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHC Abu Dhabi Work Permit Application Pls join her

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapry2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 11:47am
Thanks a lot Louie...I really appreciate this. I would be happy to meet the members here in Canada. Keep us posted.

Good Luck.
Louie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 9:09am
Oh sorry, i missed to reply on your Qs... it's 7hr 35 mins from dubai to London and 9hr and 20 mins from London to Calgary. Almost 17 hours travel to Calgary, very tiring.

Thanks again Marpy. :)
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 1:57am
I love sushi Maybe we could pay you a visit at your place of work Take care man. Hope you have a great trip and an even greater job waiting for you. All the best.
Originally posted by Louie Louie wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">@Jobseeker

Thank you, i didn't expect that processing would be this fast...prayers really works! God is so good...

Thank you for the inputs...

@Marpy

Thank you very much for your advise. Really appreciate it.

Maybe in the future we can see each other...or you may visit the beautiful Prince Rupert. I am there doing sushi, maki..and other Japanese cusine. I'll keep in touch with both of you guys! 

Tcare and God bless....
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
Louie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 8:07pm

Hello Jobseeker!

Thank you! :) Sure, i let u experience best of both world...best of Phils, Japan and Canada all in one with my maki, sushi, etc. hahaha. See u all in Canada.

I would be needing your help again, i am not sure how to come up with a best decision...
I am on a 1 year contract, but i'd like to bring my wife and kids to Canada. I did not include them in my application as they are in Phils. My wife to apply for open work permit and kids study permit from CIC Manila.

Is this possible? given i only have 1 year contract. Airfare is really expensive, and my kids are studying Manila.

Appreciate any advise on this matter. Thank you so much guys!

B. regards,
Louie

stmangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stmangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 3:11pm
Hi Louie and Marpry2,

Hope all is well, first I want to congratulate you Louie for the getting your WP/Visa so fast. Happy for you.

My name is Sam and I've been working here in Dubai for more than 5 years now.  I had a job offer in one of the restaurant in Canada.  I got my LMO last May 15 and  HRSDC issued it date on April 15.  I completed my documents and mailed all the requirements to Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy last June 16.  I did not receive any confirmation from their office (email or call) that they got my documents.  And it's been more that 2 mons now that I am waiting for their reply but unfortunately there is none until now.

Can you help me answer some of my questions? 1. Louie, do you receive a confirmation from them by email or call that they got your documents on the time you send it to them? 2. In my LMO, it says that, my LMO will expire on October 15 (6 mons Validity) and I understand that the maximum processing time is 6 mons upon submission of complete documents.  If I don't receive the approval of my WP before October 15, is LMO will no longer valid and I cannot get a WP anymore? 3. The Police Clearance here in Dubai had only 3 mons validity: if by the time they will look on my documents on the time that my Police clearance is already expire, do you think it will be one ground that they will reject my application. and finally can you share me some more information about the whole processing of WP cause this is only my first time to do this

All your inputs will be much appreciated.  Thank you and will wait for your answers.
Louie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 9:53am

Hi Sam,

Thank you, hope you will receive your visa soon...

To answer some of your questions...

1. Louie, do you receive a confirmation from them by email or call that they got your documents on the time you send it to them?

NO, i did not recieved email notification nor any call from the embassy. But after 1 mo from the date they recieved my application (per AWB reference), i sent an email inquiry re "application file number".   email sent to [email protected]. Then after 4 days, i received a reponse from them indicated in the email is my file number. then asking me to submit my passport to complete my wp application.

2. In my LMO, it says that, my LMO will expire on October 15 (6 mons Validity) and I understand that the maximum processing time is 6 mons upon submission of complete documents.  If I don't receive the approval of my WP before October 15, is LMO will no longer valid and I cannot get a WP anymore?

You can still apply for WP within the validity of your LMO. If LMO is expired, you cannot apply for WP...you need to inform your employer to reapply for LMO. CHC usually advise decision before the 6 mos. validity expires, maybe shorter like in my case or longer but still within 6 mos.

3. The Police Clearance here in Dubai had only 3 mons validity: if by the time they will look on my documents on the time that my Police clearance is already expire, do you think it will be one ground that they will reject my application. and finally can you share me some more information about the whole processing of WP cause this is only my first time to do this

Make sure when you lodged your application, your police clearance is recently issued. IF your police clearance has expired during the processing time of wp, CHC will require you to submit new police clearance. Expiration will not cause wp rejection, but criminal records or other legal records indicated in the PC..it will definitely cause WP rejection.

I submitted more than complete documents, aside from those requirements listed in the checklist...i included in my application... reference letters from my superiors/colleagues, bank certificate, land titles...this is to prove that i will be leaving Canada after my contract. This is to prove ties to my home country. Lack of ties to home country is one of the reason for rejection, thus i made sure i have complete documents.

We all have different case, i think...it really depends on the case and the documents you will submit. Hope these helps... Just have faith...your visa will come soon.

Goodluck!

Louie

mapry2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapry2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 1:39pm
Hope Louie answered all your queries Sam. Feel free for any further info. Good Luck.
stmangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stmangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 12:02pm
mapry2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapry2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 8:21am
Hi Sam...Just hold your heart until they get back to you. If you are lucky enough you might get through before the LMO expires. But the chances are less as I fee. I do not want to discourage you but would want you to keep the option open of renewing your LMO.

Good luck and our prayers for you.
Louie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 9:19am

Hi Sam,

No problem with your LMO, for as long as your application was lodged to CHC abudhabi within the validity of your LMO... your application is SAFE. You don't need to reapply for LMO.

But if your embassy's decision on your WP application is denied and LMO has expired already, you can not reapply for WP. You need to inform your employer to reaapply for LMO for your to be able to reaaply for WP. I am no expert on this, but this is my understanding when HRSDC shorten the LMO validity from 1 year to 6 mos.

Hope this helps..Goodluck!
Louie

Edited by Louie - 26 Aug 2010 at 9:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic