Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Temporary Work Permit - what are my options?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temporary Work Permit - what are my options?
    Posted: 02 May 2014 at 9:40pm
Hi all,

I'm sure this same exact topic has been made hundreds of times, so I'm sorry to be a broken record here.
I'm a US citizen who was trying to get an intra-company transfer to a branch in BC. All parties were interested, but HR will not work with me at all on the work permit process. Basically, they will not officially offer me the job until I have legal work status in Canada.

So I'm in a bit of a catch 22. I'm not sure how to go about applying for a work permit without the written job offer, but I can't get the written job offer without a work permit.

There's so much information out there and I'm getting completely mixed answers from all of the sources. If anyone could point me in any sort of direction it would be greatly appreciated!
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 10:45pm
Hi

Originally posted by 1049 1049 wrote:

Hi all,I'm sure this same exact topic has been made hundreds of times, so I'm sorry to be a broken record here.I'm a US citizen who was trying to get an intra-company transfer to a branch in BC. All parties were interested, but HR will not work with me at all on the work permit process. Basically, they will not officially offer me the job until I have legal work status in Canada.So I'm in a bit of a catch 22. I'm not sure how to go about applying for a work permit without the written job offer, but I can't get the written job offer without a work permit.There's so much information out there and I'm getting completely mixed answers from all of the sources. If anyone could point me in any sort of direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Rock and a hard place, without the job offer no work permit as you already know. No other way really for an ICT.
PMM
Pusbin007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pusbin007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:00am
Employer watns Diploma certificate but i have got Higher Secondary education certificate is that okay?

Edited by Pusbin007 - 26 Jan 2018 at 2:45am
NEPAL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic