Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsoring parents, sponsorship application

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsoring parents, sponsorship application
    Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 4:14am
I just noticed today that the sponsorship application (parents) now in Mississauga takes 34 months to get processed. Again it got bumped from 33 months. When I submitted my application to sponsor my dad in August 2007 it takes 24 months to have a file processed, since last year it keeps getting bumped until now it's 34 months....

Does anyone know why they are further delaying? Would it change in the future for the better or would only change to take even longer time? Just getting a little bit frustrated.....

P.S. I do understand economy and number of jobs could be a factor but I just hope they move the delay on the 2nd part (PR approval) I just really want to know if I'm approve as a sponsor.

Edited by zugar - 13 Mar 2010 at 4:15am
ariell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 6:26pm
Well I would think that it's some sort of equation based on a. number of applicants b. number of staff and c. yearly quotas.

It's not that they are "delaying" the applications, but just estimating how long you can expect to wait based on the above (and probably other) factors.

As long as you met the requirements set out in the guidebooks re: sponsor eligibility there's no reason to expect that you wouldn't be approved as a sponsor.
matthewc View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 8:34pm
It depends on (1) how many applications are received and (2) the resources CIC puts towards processing those applications. CIC does not prioritise parental applications, so the backlog is large and the wait times long. When the Haiti crisis hit, it looked fairly like that CIC pulled officers off both parental and spousal sponsorships to process expedited applications from Haiti - the "processing applications up to" dates for both those classes jumped backwards.

It fluctuates, and has certainly increased a lot in the last couple of years. I've been recording it automatically since late 2006, and it's currently the highest I've ever seen it for parental sponsorships:

http://carroll.org.uk/cic/class/1

You can also use this tool to estimate the date your application will be processed, based on when you submitted it - it updates when CIC updates their current processing times:

http://carroll.org.uk/cic/estimate?class=1

Matthew

Edited by matthewc - 13 Mar 2010 at 8:39pm
e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic