Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Labour Market Opinion Requirements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_televizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Labour Market Opinion Requirements
    Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 2:17pm
Hi all,

So I've been in Canada since May 6th 2009 on an open work permit visa. This expires in May this year. I am Irish and have been working for a company since september of last year and they are willing to sponsor me to extend my visa and work permit. Trouble is it's a small company and I am trying to fill out the LMO form and make sure that I/the company am/are fulfilling all criteria that goes with it, (advertising correctly etc.).

My main troubles so far are:

1. My NOC job title falls into class B, is advertising on the national jobbank for two weeks enough before an LMO application is submitted. Do I also have to advertise on Monster or Workopolis? I have been given conflicting reports so far.

2. I received a degree in my chosen profession, I have letter from my university stating so, is this enough to prove my qualifications.

3. with the current waiting times for LMO apps, and work permit applications, I am a little worried about my visa expiring as I am waiting for the LMO/work permit app to be processed. I have been told you can get 'implied status' that allows you to stay and continue working while your LMO app is being processed, but what is the procedure to obtain the 'implied status'?

Alot of questions I know, but if anyone can help me I would be more than grateful to you! Thanks.

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 4:52pm
Hi,

The requirements are for the job to be advertised for two weeks on the Canadian National Job Bank and another website or major daily. This is to show that the company tried to recruit Canadian Citizens (CC) or Permanent Residents (PR) and apply for the LMO in your favor when no CC or PR qualified or applied.

http://www.rhdcc-hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/communications/advertrecrutment.shtml

If your NOC qualifies for a concurrent processing, you can file for your Work Permit while the LMO is being processed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/processing.asp

You would be on implied status if and when you submit your application for work permit before the expiration of your current WP.

You have been working for them for a year, why would you be concerned in proving your qualification? if you place being a graduate as one of the requirements to fill the position then be sure that you can show proof of being one.

LMO usually takes about 6 weeks and WP app now takes 44 days to process for the same employer.

Originally posted by mr_televizzle mr_televizzle wrote:

Hi all,
So I've been in Canada since May 6th 2009 on an open work permit visa. This expires in May this year. I am Irish and have been working for a company since september of last year and they are willing to sponsor me to extend my visa and work permit. Trouble is it's a small company and I am trying to fill out the LMO form and make sure that I/the company am/are fulfilling all criteria that goes with it, (advertising correctly etc.).
My main troubles so far are:
1. My NOC job title falls into class B, is advertising on the national jobbank for two weeks enough before an LMO application is submitted. Do I also have to advertise on Monster or Workopolis? I have been given conflicting reports so far.
2. I received a degree in my chosen profession, I have letter from my university stating so, is this enough to prove my qualifications.
3. with the current waiting times for LMO apps, and work permit applications, I am a little worried about my visa expiring as I am waiting for the LMO/work permit app to be processed. I have been told you can get 'implied status' that allows you to stay and continue working while your LMO app is being processed, but what is the procedure to obtain the 'implied status'?
Alot of questions I know, but if anyone can help me I would be more than grateful to you! Thanks.

Edited by job_seeker - 11 Mar 2010 at 4:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic