Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beijing, China Timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 12:25am
Tough break, dynamo. Hopefully it isn't too too much longer. Beijing is definitely the faster location though
chipsfan7mary4 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 12:29am
Hong Kong sits as one of the slowest embassies in the world.

Check out this link on processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 12:33am
I know. That's why I figured that dynamo could use some positivity since he's looking at a longer wait now.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 12:41am
True, it is good to be positive, but going knowing what you are up against before you go can also help.  It is not easy.  Of all the people who have gone through Hong Kong on this site and the old site, not one has been denied.  Despite long waits all have made it.  I believe I was the only one from both sites to have an interview, or my wife was the only one to have an interview in Hong Kong.  We passed.  That is also a positive sign.
dynamo45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamo45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:13am
Thanks guys...
I did check out the link you provided, however one thing bugs me...when you click on Hong Kong,
it does tell you what regions that HK is responsible for. When you click on Beijing, it  looks to me that Beijing is responsible for All of China/ Mongolia and Korea...and when you click on Shanghai, it just says "Beijing"
So I guess maybe I am just hoping against hope, that I can somehow bypass HK and go through Beijing, because the wording sort of leaves one to believe that..probably just wishful thinking.
What a difference in proces times!!!! Wonder what gives there...I would have bet that HK would be ahead of Beijing..guess that why I don't gamble...lol
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:44am
I know how you feel. I thought the same too when my wife applied.  Bejing and Hong Kong are the only 2 visa offices in China that process the family class sponsorships.  There are many reason Hong Kong is slower. 

Check out the Hong Kong thread.  It has information about why Hong Kong takes longer and other people going through Hong.

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=265&title=hong-kong

The old thread on the old forum.

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35408

Edited by chipsfan7mary4 - 31 Mar 2010 at 10:46am
iamifun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamifun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 1:13pm
Not to be negative or anything but the following website will clearly explain which embassy or consulate will process applications from which regions. I have copied information that pertains to this post after the link. Best of luck and keep us posted!

-Ivan

3. Beijing or Hong Kong: Which visa office will process my family member’s application for a permanent resident visa?

The Canadian Consulate General, Hong Kong is responsible for processing applicants being sponsored in the Family Class who reside in the following regions of South China:
  • Fujian Province
  • Guangdong Province
  • Guangxi Autonomous Region (Guangxi Zhuangzu Zizhiqu)
  • Hainan Province
  • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
  • Macau Special Administrative Region

Applicants residing in other parts of the PRC and in Mongolia will be processed at the Canadian Embassy, Beijing.

1/28:to CIC-M
2/27:Spsr apprvd
2/28:to Beijing
3/10:12-file under rev
3/16:6-add docs
3/17:RPRF paid
4/15:12-file under rev
4/23:13-case finalized
4/27:17-mailed
4/29:visa recd
5/22:landed
dynamo45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamo45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 1:50pm
Wow.. you submitted in March of 08?
How long before your wife finally came over?
Judging by the comments I have read, I am certainly not looking forward to this...but I guess it is better than sitting here thinking it would only be a few months, and being dissapointed after every month. Now, I have no pre concieved notions, so if by some miracle, it does take less than 14 months I will consider that a victory...sad really. I also read somewhere that with your applications you should supply labels?? Do they mean like  your home address labels that you would get printed somewhere?
dynamo45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamo45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 1:53pm
Hey Ivan...thanks for that clarification... it sucks, but it is what it is I guess....
iamifun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamifun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 2:01pm
I believe the labels they refer to are regular letter sized labels. I just used regular letter sized labels that I bought from Staples and then made sure the addresses fit. I think I printed out both pinyin and Chinese in the addresses...
1/28:to CIC-M
2/27:Spsr apprvd
2/28:to Beijing
3/10:12-file under rev
3/16:6-add docs
3/17:RPRF paid
4/15:12-file under rev
4/23:13-case finalized
4/27:17-mailed
4/29:visa recd
5/22:landed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>