Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beijing, China Timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamifun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beijing, China Timelines
    Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 1:17pm
Does anyone have any Beijing timelines?

Please post.

Thanks!

Ivan
1/28:to CIC-M
2/27:Spsr apprvd
2/28:to Beijing
3/10:12-file under rev
3/16:6-add docs
3/17:RPRF paid
4/15:12-file under rev
4/23:13-case finalized
4/27:17-mailed
4/29:visa recd
5/22:landed
liquorlord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liquorlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 1:23pm
TALK TO boundary47
timelines are similar
App Recd: Feb 1st'10
App Apprd: Feb 25th'10
Approval Letter: March 2nd'10
ND Started Process: March 19th
PPR Received: March 26th
PPR Send March 29th
Visa Received: April 10th 2010
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 2:22pm
See my signature file.
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 5:11pm
I have received a letter from Mississauga, dated March 19, 2010, asking me to pay the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee".  My wife's application still shows at the Beijing Canadian embassy website as Code 12: "File is under review".

I'm doubtful that this means it is nearly complete -- it's just too early (see my timeline below).  
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
iamifun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamifun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 5:30pm
Hey B47,

I received a letter like that last week as well but my code is code 6. I actually e-mailed the Beijing embassy and they said all they needed was the RPRF. So I sent it out immediately the day after after paying for it online. I still have not heard back. You know, according to the CIC website, it states:
"If you pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee at the same time you pay the processing fees, it will facilitate processing as we will not have to contact you later. If you do not do so, you will be asked to pay this fee when we are ready to issue the permanent resident visa. Failure to pay the fee at the time of submission of the application will result in a minimum additional two-month delay in the finalization of the application."

Clearly, that says to me that they are ready to process the visa.

-Ivan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 6:23pm
Thanks for the info, Ivan.

I had not seen that note on the CIC website.  Now I'm not as doubtful as before, but . . . this just seems too fast.  On the other hand, I guess since 30% of the Beijing files are decided within 2 months, some must be done fairly quickly.  I suspect we have the skills to put together comprehensive, well organized and well-documented applications. (I write lots of business proposals, and I think I know what you do.) Maybe we'll actually be through more quickly than average, even for Beijing's fast timelines?  Anyway, I paid the RPRF on line a few minutes ago and will mail out the receipt tomorrow before the mail pickup.  

I have my fingers crossed for a quick resolution.

Good luck!
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
iamifun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamifun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 6:55pm
Thanks B47, I do hope both our applications will be processed in the timeliest of fashions. Although the CIC website does state what I wrote before, I still think it is not 100% certain. However, time will tell.

Best of luck

-Ivan
dynamo45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamo45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 6:03pm
Hi all,

Reading through these posts, I have a couple of questions maybe you could help with.

I am getting married in August in China. So after we get married, I will come back to Canada, and is that when I mail the sponsorship app to CIC-M?
2. Do we make the PR app in Beijing, or does everything have to be done in Canada?
3. I read on boundary 47 post, that says he recieved a letter asking him to pay the fee.
Does that mean that I send the sponsorship app first and if its approved, then I pay the fee if they ask?
I'm very sorry for these questions all, but it is very confusing to me right now on what steps to take first and how to take them, and people on here seem so knowledgeable and friendly. So when we get married,  we want to live in Canada. I am Canadian and live here as well.
Thanks in advance for the help all. This site is awesome!!
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 6:10pm
You can assemble the PR app in China if you'd like. It may make things a lot easier since you both have to fill out and sign forms. That way you don't have to wait to have them mailed back and forth.

You mail the PR app along with the sponsorship one so you cannot mail the sponsorship one until you have gotten together everything that you need for the PR app(medicals, police certificates, proof, paperwork, etc). You can mail it from anywhere so long as you are still residing in Canada and not china. But please make sure you send everything together. The sponsorship and PR go together, along with proof. Once sponsorship is approved, CIC will send the app to China to be processed.

About the permanent residency fee, you can either pay that when you pay the sponsorship and application fee OR when they decide to grant PR. If you have the money, I highly suggest paying everything at one time. It makes things go easier and prevents a delay while they wait for you to pay and send a receipt and everything

Edited by audball - 30 Mar 2010 at 6:11pm
dynamo45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamo45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 6:32pm
So I mail everything together to CIC-M?  and when sponsorship is approved, they send  the PR app to Beijing?
Thanks so much for your input.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
  Share Topic