Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

work permit extension

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 3:17pm
Hi

Originally posted by me123 me123 wrote:

Hi, we just found out that they aren't going to issue us a positive LMO. The reason being that we haven't meet the recruitment requirments. We advertised the job on canada job bank for over 14 days and wrote a detailed letter of the applicants and why they don't meet the criteria for the posistion, apparently it's not enough tho and we have to advertise further within our profession. I'm confused as our immigration lawyer did most of the application (I work for a top law firm). Is it a new rule that you have to advertise on both the job bank and within your own profession for a NOC B position? as we only advertised within the profession for the first LMO that we got (which has now expired) it seems strange to me that our immigration lawyer wouldn't have known this... or are service canada just being difficult? My work are going to keep trying, but I can't believe we're having yet more problems.... we thought we had done everthing right.... any advice?

thanks.... Cry

HRSDC is not being difficult, the lawyers in the firm may wish to read the HRSDC site.

"NOC B Occupations

You will have conducted the minimum advertising efforts required if you:

* Advertise on the national Job Bank (or the equivalent in Saskatchewan or the Northwest Territories) for a minimum of fourteen (14) calendar days during the three (3) months prior to applying for a LMO; and
    * Conduct similar recruitment activities consistent with the practice within the occupation (e.g., advertise on recognized Internet job sites, in journals, newsletters or national newspapers or by consulting unions or professional associations).

The advertisement must include the company operating name, business address, wage range (i.e. an accurate range of wages being offered to Canadians and permanent residents) and reference to benefits packages being offered. The wage range must always include the prevailing wage for the position.

You are encouraged to conduct ongoing recruitment efforts, including communities that face barriers to employment (e.g., Aboriginal Peoples, older workers, immigrants, newcomers, people with disabilities and youth). Advertisement could be on recognized Internet job sites, in local and regional newspapers, at community resource centres and local regional employment centres. "
PMM
me123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 3:21pm
I know, I've already read that.... it seems pretty clear to me.... but I was wondering if that is a new criteria that it has to be advertised both ways.... as we had only done it one way before and got a positive LMO.... and I know a lot of rules have been changed lately...

thanks
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 11:13pm
If your employer had done the minimum advertising/recruitment efforts as shown in the hrsdc website http://www.rhdcc-hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/lmodir/lmodir-14.shtml then your employer can write HRSDC and show the proof. It takes about 14 days to do this again, sadly. Hopefully your restoration gets approved and CPC gives you enough time to wait out the LMO/WP app. Once your employer is done with the advertising, and they are applying for the LMO, apply for your WP if your NOC is one of those where you can do concurrent processing; you can send the LMO once approved. For now, your main concern is to get a valid status.

Hi, we just found out that they aren't going to issue us a positive LMO. The reason being that we haven't meet the recruitment requirments. We advertised the job on canada job bank for over 14 days and wrote a detailed letter of the applicants and why they don't meet the criteria for the posistion, apparently it's not enough tho and we have to advertise further within our profession. I'm confused as our immigration lawyer did most of the application (I work for a top law firm). Is it a new rule that you have to advertise on both the job bank and within your own profession for a NOC B position? as we only advertised within the profession for the first LMO that we got (which has now expired) it seems strange to me that our immigration lawyer wouldn't have known this... or are service canada just being difficult? My work are going to keep trying, but I can't believe we're having yet more problems.... we thought we had done everthing right.... any advice?

thanks.... Cry

Edited by job_seeker - 01 Apr 2010 at 11:26pm
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
me123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote me123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 1:56pm
hey!! my work has been issued a Positive LMO! I'm so happy! will go to the boarder tomorrow to apply for a new work permit. Should I expect any problems with applying at the port of entry?? I still never received anything from immigration saying my initial work permit application was refused, but sent an application applying to have it changed to a visitors application, still haven't heard anything from immigration. I'm applying on a New Zealand passport, so should be able to apply for the work permit at port of entry right? I'll just be driving down....

Thanks!
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 10:47pm
Since you do not need a TRV to enter Canada, you can go to the closest border and obtain your WP from there. Then write CPC-V canceling your application to change your status once you have your WP.

hey!! my work has been issued a Positive LMO! I'm so happy! will go to the boarder tomorrow to apply for a new work permit. Should I expect any problems with applying at the port of entry?? I still never received anything from immigration saying my initial work permit application was refused, but sent an application applying to have it changed to a visitors application, still haven't heard anything from immigration. I'm applying on a New Zealand passport, so should be able to apply for the work permit at port of entry right? I'll just be driving down....

Thanks!
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic