Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - INTERVIEW: Test-Event - ID/Documents Verification
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INTERVIEW: Test-Event - ID/Documents Verification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaffu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 1:03pm
Hi dpanabill
I know you are very helpful and knowledgeable in this forum, I am following this forum from 2011.
My wife will have test on June 9th in Mississauga, she already failed a test and interview once, She applied again.
I am wondering if you can share something which will benefit her to pass the test this time, she is preparing with DISCOVER CANADA BOOK. Is there any online questions site which will benefit her or any other way she can get prepare herself, please let me know.
Really appreciated,
Thanks Zaffu
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 1:22pm

Originally posted by Zaffu Zaffu wrote:

I know you are very helpful and knowledgeable in this forum, I am following this forum from 2011.
My wife will have test on June 9th in Mississauga, she already failed a test and interview once, She applied again.

I am wondering if you can share something which will benefit her to pass the test this time, she is preparing with DISCOVER CANADA BOOK. Is there any online questions site which will benefit her or any other way she can get prepare herself, please let me know.

There is another topic here specifically about the test and questions:
the Discover Canada - post sample Q's here topic.

Much of what is there is, of course, dated, some very much outdated. There are numerous references and links to various resources to help. I have no ideas about how good any of these are (I was test-exempt, and otherwise very familiar with Canadian history, government, politics, economics, and so on, even before I became a PR, so I rarely gave a thought about the test itself).

One of the main problems is, of course, rooted in language ability more than the content of test questions. Practice will help in both respects, as to language ability and knowledge of Canada itself.

From what I understand, for individuals with good language skills and average or better test-taking skills, reading the book and going over some sample questions should make the test fairly easy. Some people simply have trouble with tests generally, and will need to practice more.

All potential questions, and answers, should be based on what is in the current version of the Discover Canada booklet, so the information in that is the most important to learn.

GOOD LUCK!

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 2:04pm
Hi

Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

Originally posted by Zaffu Zaffu wrote:

I know you are very helpful and knowledgeable in this forum, I am following this forum from 2011.

I am wondering if you can share something which will benefit her to pass the test this time, she is preparing with DISCOVER CANADA BOOK. Is there any online questions site which will benefit her or any other way she can get prepare herself, please let me know.

There is another topic here specifically about the test and questions:
the <a href="https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15327&PID=222122&title=interview-testevent-id-documents-verification#222122" rel="nofollow">Discover Canada - post sample Q's here</a> topic.

Much of what is there is, of course, dated, some very much outdated. There are numerous references and links to various resources to help. I have no ideas about how good any of these are (I was test-exempt, and otherwise very familiar with Canadian history, government, politics, economics, and so on, even before I became a PR, so I rarely gave a thought about the test itself).

One of the main problems is, of course, rooted in language ability more than the content of test questions. Practice will help in both respects, as to language ability and knowledge of Canada itself.

From what I understand, for individuals with good language skills and average or better test-taking skills, reading the book and going over some sample questions should make the test fairly easy. Some people simply have trouble with tests generally, and will need to practice more.

All potential questions, and answers, should be based on what is in the current version of the Discover Canada booklet, so the information in that is the most important to learn.

GOOD LUCK!

As far as I am concerned the best practise tests are here: http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
PMM
Zaffu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaffu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 7:57pm
Thanks dpenabill for your precious advise.
mc_seem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc_seem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 1:22pm
-

Edited by mc_seem - 14 Sep 2014 at 11:23pm
ronin21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 5:18pm
Hello, I'll have my test in 3 days, Pre-test RQ. With my RQ submission, I submitted old and current passport copies along with original certified translation for couple of stamps in old passport (no non-English stamp in my new passport as of today). Do you think I should translate those stamps again and have it for the test day? I've read reports here that in most cases the officer has the RQ file. Thanks. 
mini_k View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by ronin21 ronin21 wrote:

Hello, I'll have my test in 3 days, Pre-test RQ. With my RQ submission, I submitted old and current passport copies along with original certified translation for couple of stamps in old passport (no non-English stamp in my new passport as of today). Do you think I should translate those stamps again and have it for the test day? I've read reports here that in most cases the officer has the RQ file. Thanks. 
hi ronin21, I am also pre-test rq and had my test in March. I submitted copies and translations with my rq. I have not been asked for any new or additional translations during the interview. They had everything with rq.

Edited by mini_k - 07 Jul 2014 at 9:31pm
ronin21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 4:12pm
Just took my test & interview today. Test easy got 20/20. Interview was very short, the officer was very nice and just asked what I do and where I went to school. The whole thing may took 3-4 mins. She just went through passports very fast and compared the first pages with the copies submitted with RQ (she had my RQ) and copied my renewed PR and driver license, no stamp check, no questions on travel or anything else. At the end, she said I'm good and my file will be forwarded to Judge for approval. Should expect the oath by 3 months. That's it. 

Just noticed something: with my RQ, I submitted lots of documents but organized them in tabs and different binders. However, I could see a binder (not my original binder) with filled RQ form and passport translations, no other major document there. I guess this means somehow they reviewed the RQ and only picked up what is important for them. 
timing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 9:28pm
Any info on what RQ interviews with Officers are like at St.Clair?
Application for grant of citizenship - Feb 2012
RQ documents package sent to CIC - May 2013
Test invite received July 11th 2014
Test date July 24th 2014
Office: St.Clair
m_r_mtl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_r_mtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 2:41pm
I just called CIC regarding my status and the agent told me they are scheduling a judge hearing for my case. What happens during a judge hearing? How shall I be prepared? I am really worried. Does anyone have any experience in Montreal office? Is there any topic in this regard?
Thanks

timeline: 
Application received  July 2012
Rq received             Nov 2013 on the test date
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic