Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

brother / parents - Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 810311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brother / parents - Ukraine
    Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 2:32am
Hi there,

I applied to sponsor my parents in Ukraine and already received confirmation letter from Canada Immigration that my docs were accepted.

I want to bring to Canada my brother with his family as well (my brother, his wife and his son 7 years old).  

Question: what is the best way for me to try bring my brother and his family to Canada? Is there any program or type of visa?

I appreciate any advice.
user828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote user828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 9:30am
You cannot bring brother unless he is dependent of your parents, ie., studying and living with parents if over age 22. He is married with kids so it doesn't look like he is, so he has to apply on his own, you cannot sponsor him
810311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 810311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 6:59pm
Thanks for the info.  My brother has a law degree from Ukrainian university and works in a law field. Is there any way he can come to Canada to work or study may be....? 
jojo2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jojo2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 6:41pm
Hard
user828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote user828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 1:41am
Originally posted by 810311 810311 wrote:

Thanks for the info.  My brother has a law degree from Ukrainian university and works in a law field. Is there any way he can come to Canada to work or study may be....? 

I don't know what province you are in - some of them allow PNP family immigration ( brother might be there )

Can look at other options for work ( see the CIC site )
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic