Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diploma?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diploma?
    Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 5:12pm
I am getting conflicting answers about this:

When applying for a work permit or getting one upon entry into Canada, does one need to present a diploma or a degree from the school they went to?

Thanks to anyone who can help!
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Woosh Woosh wrote:

I am getting conflicting answers about this:

When applying for a work permit or getting one upon entry into Canada, does one need to present a diploma or a degree from the school they went to?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Hi,

Only if diploma or certificate is one of the requirements of the job being offered. Otherwise, if you can show proof that you qualify for the job and the job did not specifically asked for a diploma/certificate then you're okay.
Woosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 7:27pm
OK. See, my potential employers have erroneously entered that I have a diploma when I do not. And indeed, it mentions that the position requires a diploma.

This is pretty much a no-go, right? I've been working with these guys for months on this and now that the LMO's positive, I'm really disappointed in this. =\

Thanks for your help,

Raven
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic