Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

with visitors visa. can i go home?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wordstar_28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: with visitors visa. can i go home?
    Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:50pm
hi guys thanks for those reply. i know i can't though. wat can i do than to wait for my PR to be approve. thanks!!!
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by pmm pmm wrote:

Hi

Originally posted by job_seeker job_seeker wrote:

Originally posted by wordstar_28 wordstar_28 wrote:

hi guys! i've sent an application to change status in canada last july from work permit to visitor. i received my visitors visa today and it will expire on nov 2010. and i've send application for permanent residence under spousal category (my husband sponsor me)on sept 2009. my question is can i go back home for vacation with this visitors visa? i think i can't but i still want to know. thanks!!!

If it is a multiple entry visitor visa (stamped on passport) then you sure can go home and enter again within the validity of your visitor visa.

It appears that OP applied for a visitors extension in Canada. S/he didn't apply for a TRV which is issued at an office outside Canada. If s/he looks at her visitor permit it will say "no valid for re-entry" If s/he requires a TRV to entry and leaves Canada, it is unlikely that s/he would be issued one to return to Canada and the "in-Canada" spousal application would be over. If the OP reads www.cic.gc.ca they recommend that you don't leave Canada with an "in - Canada" spousal application.

That is why I qualified my post- visa being different from visitor record. With the visitor record alone, s/he can't use it for re-entry. Visa is pasted/stamped on the passport but the visitor record is a loose sheet of security paper.

Edited by job_seeker - 03 Dec 2009 at 4:25pm
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 3:42pm
Hi

Originally posted by job_seeker job_seeker wrote:

hi guys! i've sent an application to change status in canada last july from work permit to visitor. i received my visitors visa today and it will expire on nov 2010. and i've send application for permanent residence under spousal category (my husband sponsor me)on sept 2009. my question is can i go back home for vacation with this visitors visa? i think i can't but i still want to know. thanks!!!

If it is a multiple entry visitor visa (stamped on passport) then you sure can go home and enter again within the validity of your visitor visa.

It appears that OP applied for a visitors extension in Canada. S/he didn't apply for a TRV which is issued at an office outside Canada. If s/he looks at her visitor permit it will say "no valid for re-entry" If s/he requires a TRV to entry and leaves Canada, it is unlikely that s/he would be issued one to return to Canada and the "in-Canada" spousal application would be over. If the OP reads www.cic.gc.ca they recommend that you don't leave Canada with an "in - Canada" spousal application.

PMM
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:10pm

try_this View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote try_this Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 1:02pm
As per my Knowledge Visitor Visa's are Single entry if you didn't explicity apply for Multiple entry Visa.
So for Single Entry Visitor Visa you can't go out for Vacation and come back.

Edited by try_this - 03 Dec 2009 at 1:14pm
wordstar_28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic