Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2003 chc delhi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 129>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandhugo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 4:49pm
One of my Friend , who is in US and Nov 2003 case and was asked to submit the PPs sometime back within 45 days wrote an email requesting to CHC about his travel to India for limited timeperiod and asked if the visa can be provided to him on the day he submits personally. Embassy has agreed to provide same to him. All this happened through email communication. (he applied independently). He will get visa in a day's time.

Just wanted to share this info , so that people in abroad can avail this option.

Some of us including me had to take 3 weeks leave and then wait eagerly till last days before travel back for the stamped pps.
Regards,
alberta View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 5:20pm
That is amazing Delhi being so flexible and accomodating, that is great.
Sandhu sahib that is good of you to share. Can you kindly do us a massive favour and find out where your friend did the medical, in US or in India and then requested for in-person submission and collection of passport. It will be great if you can throw some more light on how exactly your friend proceeds on this issue. It will be of great benefit to many members.

Also I may be asking for too much but as this all happened through email can the relevent text of the letter from your friend and Delhi's response be shared. Your friend is either too lucky or he has master writing skill to make Delhi agree to in-person submission and collection and that too on the same day. Many of us will end up losing jobs in our country of residence should we have to do medicals and submit passports and then wait for them to be returned. Your help on this matter is much appreciated.

In your case the medicals were done before and then passport request came if I recall correctly. You had to wait for three weeks only to get the passport stamped as medicals were already sorted. What would you suggest to someone who gets medicals+passport request in one go? Even if one does medicals in India and then submit passport it will take atleast two weeks and then the wait for return of stamped passports another two to three weeks.

Once again thanks for sharing the information. Much appreciated.
carroll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 11:39pm
Dear alberta,

Delhi CHC have been very cooperative with people from who are out-side India. I did my medicals from Bahrain. It is not necessary that one has to do their medical in India. Infact in th www.cic.gc.ca you have the details of where to do the medicals in the respective countries which is authorized by the Canadaian government.

With regard to passport to be submitted to CHC for stampping, as Sandhu said one needs to provide a copy of the return ticket along with a letter stating the reason why you need the PP asap. Even I did the same thing my wife had carried all the PPs when she went to India with one month leave and gave the it to the our agent who send it to them, but providing all the documents for them to realise the urgency. We received our PP within a week with stamped. CHC official replied me stating that they have send the PP along with the Stamped Visa will reach us in a week. CHC needs relevent documents for them to be convinced...

Regards
Carroll

Canada_Nov_2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada_Nov_2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 3:57am
Hi Caroll,

Many thanks for ur best wishes.
Hope ur wife too gets her PR card soon and you get the driving license at the earliest.

God bless you and your family for the new life in Can & may all ur dreams & wishes come true.

Bon Voyage
Canada_Nov_2003

Originally posted by carroll carroll wrote:

Congartulation Canada_Nov_2003,

After a long time could see some good feedback on the forum. Its very kind of you for giving a detailed discription of your tour and the formalities. Infact I should thank you about the Dirving License because I'll be going very shortly and totally forgot about the Letter from Traffic dept. It also nice of your earlier boss from Canada to tell you about your Job prospects.

Good you all got your PR cards too. I along with my kids got the PR cards but my wife did not get beacuse of the Photograph problem, so now had to arrange for a travel document from the Visa office and we got in a week. 

All the best to you and your family too... and god bless your little daughter..

Carroll

arvindg14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvindg14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:02am
Hi Canada-Nov-2003,
Visa is valid for how long for first landing in Canada? What are your observations about Winnipeg and Toronto as town for living. Any comparisons?
Regards
Arvind
arvindg14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvindg14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:15am
Hi Can2k9, Can you please let me know your mail id? Wish to ask you a few questions regarding settlement in canada.

Regards
Arvind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada_Nov_2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:27am
Hi Arvind,
The first time single entry immigrant visa is valid for one yr from the date you had the medicals.
The PR card is valid for 5 yrs from the date you first land in Can.

Toronto is quite crowded and Winnipeg is much less crowded but I guess the job opportunities in Winnipeg is much less compared to in Toronto. I personally liked Winnipeg more but may be that was because I have my relatives staying there.

Basically the best place to live is where you can find a suitable well paid job : )

Regards
Canada_Nov_2003
arvindg14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arvindg14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:36am
Hi Canada_Nov_2003
Ofcourse! :-) Please let me know your personal mail Id. And also your name :). Do you have any friend in Mississauga? Which city and country in Scandinavia are you in? it has been my desire to live in any Scandinavian country atleast for a few months. God knows when I will be able to do that :-)
Regards
Arvind
sabbkushtera View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabbkushtera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:47am
That means old applicants are not going to get more than 10% of alloted quota. old fast track will get 90% quota.
There fore Dec people will be covered in Dec 2010

Jan Feb applicants in june2011
march april applicants in Dec 2011
May June applicants  in June 2012 and so on.

Many will go to hell instaed of canada in long wait.

GREAT EXPERIENCE PATIENCE IN LIFE.

Edited by sabbkushtera - 16 Aug 2010 at 8:50am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada_Nov_2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:51am

Hi arvind,

You can send me your name, tel and email id and then I can pass you personally the information & help you may seek.

I do know someone in Missisauga who was working under me when I used to work in India, but when I called him before leaving for Toronto to enquire that which places I should visit in Toronto, he was kind of nasty/ uncooperative with me (may be he was thinking that I am gonna stay with him). By God's grace I have enough and don't really ever stay at freinds or relatives place unless someone really forces me to like my aunt in Winnipeg. I stayed in Toronto for a hotel which cost me 200$ per day.

Well, in Scandinavia, firstly they speak their own language and for foreigners these days who don't know their language it is tough to find jobs and you need to find a company which can sponser your work permit. Also the Scandinavian country I live in is very expensive as well. To give you an example, I was able to take my license in Can for around 700$ but here it will cost 4000$ min.
Everything is very expensive, eating out you can just forget it, no big cars and houses like you have in Canada but the advantage is that jobs are more secure and more social security benefits but overall Can is better if you can guarantee yourself job security in Can.
These are my honest thoughts, rest is up-to you.

Regards
Canada_Nov_2003

Edited by Canada_Nov_2003 - 16 Aug 2010 at 8:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 129>
  Share Topic