Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fingerprints passed but need your opinion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chatham2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fingerprints passed but need your opinion
    Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 9:37am
Hi Applicants,

CIC requested a fingerprint last December 2013 and I did it the next day. I called CIC and confirmed that RCMP report was received and passed after a month. The issue is that I discovered  in the electronic fingerprint request form, the administer at my local Police entered the wrong year of birth (i.e. 1921 instead of 1983 - my fault should have been thorough and have checked) it was an obvious mistake. I called couple of times and got almost same answer, stating that is up to me to re-do the fingerprint again.

I re-did the fingerprint at no cost and requested the results to be sent to me from the RCMP instead sending to CIC as I dont want to envoke or bring any confusion. I am planning to write a letter explaning the situation and will enclose a copy of the first requested fingerprint, the second request form and the original resutls from the RCMP.

What are your thoughts guys?
canadianboyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianboyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 9:49am

Hi, in my case after finger print came test date that took 2 months

SINGH
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by Chatam2008 Chatam2008 wrote:

CIC requested a fingerprint last December 2013 and I did it the next day. I called CIC and confirmed that RCMP report was received and passed after a month. The issue is that I discovered in the electronic fingerprint request form, the administer at my local Police entered the wrong year of birth (i.e. 1921 instead of 1983 - my fault should have been thorough and have checked) it was an obvious mistake. I called couple of times and got almost same answer, stating that is up to me to re-do the fingerprint again.

I re-did the fingerprint at no cost and requested the results to be sent to me from the RCMP instead sending to CIC as I dont want to envoke or bring any confusion. I am planning to write a letter explaning the situation and will enclose a copy of the first requested fingerprint, the second request form and the original resutls from the RCMP.

What are your thoughts guys?

It is always difficult to forecast how any particular case will go even when it appears the stars are properly aligned, and a lot more difficult to predict how this or that deviation from the norm will affect things.

Fortunately the error is clearly a mistake of the mere typo variety. As such it should be readily recognized as such and not raise any eyebrows let alone cause much of an issue.

Your approach makes sense to me, but I'd probably conclude similarly if the results were submitted directly rather than through you. But it is not as if there are enough other similar situations to discern any observable pattern about this sort of thing, which is generally the case where there is any peculiar twist or unusual circumstance, such things making it even more difficult to so much as guess what will happen next. (Note, though, this error in itself should have virtually no effect on the ultimate outcome of the application.)

In the latter regard, in particular, very little can be inferred from how things went for some other individual in what appears to be the same situation, beyond the simple observation that it is possible that things will go similarly, but also highly possible they will not go that way at all. One of the things we see all too often in forums like this is the extrapolation of how things go generally based on personal experience.   

And for those given fingerprint requests generally, what happens next and when ranges very widely. The experience reported by canadianboyz is common, but so are a variety of other paths following the submission of fingerprints. Timeline to next step ranges from soon to years. Next step ranges from being scheduled for the test to RQ to CBSA interview, among other possibilities.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Chatham2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chatham2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:28pm
Thank you dpenabill

My e-cas just updated today and I am scheduled for a Test on February 3rd, got this only after one month from sending my fingerprint. 

What a relief, my local office is Windsor
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:38pm
That is indeed good news and a relief no doubt.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Chatham2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chatham2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 1:39pm
Thank you,

Now will make sure well prepared for the test and interview to avoid RQ.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic