Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2014 Parent Sponsorship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coLondon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 Parent Sponsorship
    Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 5:46pm
Hi all,

Do we need to send the PR applications forms for our parents at the same time that we send the application to sponsor forms found here?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp

getting slightly confused... i seem to have read this somewhere just now but then i tried to find this information again but cant find it...

Please advise anyone.

Thanks,
Conie.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 6:02pm
Hi

Originally posted by coLondon coLondon wrote:

Hi all, Do we need to send the PR applications forms for our parents at the same time that we send the application to sponsor forms found here?http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.aspgetting slightly confused... i seem to have read this somewhere just now but then i tried to find this information again but cant find it...Please advise anyone.Thanks,Conie.

First page of parents/grandparents.

There are two steps to the application process for your parent(s) or grandparent(s) to become permanent residents.

As a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you must apply to sponsor your family member.
        Your sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M).
        You will be notified in writing by CPC-M about the decision on your sponsorship application.
    Your parent(s) and/or grandparent(s) must apply for permanent residence.

The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence should be filled out and sent at the same time.
PMM
coLondon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coLondon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 6:12pm
Where are the Permanent Resident Forms that the parents need to fill out?
coLondon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coLondon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 6:42pm
Can someone please confirm that the permanent resident forms that the parents sign are included in the application package found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp

or if there are different forms to fill out and send..

Thanks!
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 9:18pm
Hi

Originally posted by coLondon coLondon wrote:

Can someone please confirm that the permanent resident forms that the parents sign are included in the application package found here:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.aspor if there are different forms to fill out and send..Thanks!

Yes, that is all the forms.   
PMM
merfa071 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merfa071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 7:22pm

Hi everybody,

Has anybody’s credit card been charged and/or received a letter of confirmation for 2014 parent sponsorship application? How long before you receive a confirmation letter after ur credit card is charged?

Thanks

user828 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote user828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by merfa071 merfa071 wrote:

Hi everybody,

Has anybody’s credit card been charged and/or received a letter of confirmation for 2014 parent sponsorship application? How long before you receive a confirmation letter after ur credit card is charged?

Thanks

this thread should help u

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/when-your-parent-sponsorship-2014-application-reached-cpcm-update-here-t179188.0.html
merfa071 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merfa071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 6:18pm
Thanks for ur help 
zigma99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigma99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 6:41pm
Application received on January 14th.
My CC has been charged today.
Hopefully, would know more after an acknowledgement letter is received.

Edited by zigma99 - 29 Jan 2014 at 6:47pm
coLondon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coLondon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 4:14pm
My app was received on Jan 7th.
I haven't seen any charge on my CC yet.

Zigma99 - i would assume all is good with your application if they've charged you already!! :)
Keep us posted when you receive the ack letter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic