Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stablous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)
    Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 10:00am
hey guys,

lets populate this thread.

Timeline :

Application sent to CIC-M : 9 Jan. 2008

Received by Visa Office (Accra, Ghana) :  11 Feb, 2008

Docs Requested : 15 Oct, 2008

Docs sent and ARC fees paid : 7 Nov, 2008

Letter Requesting Interview : 3 March, 2008

Interview attended : 22 April, 2009

still waiting...

Edited by Stablous - 10 Jan 2010 at 11:52am
Stablous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stablous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 10:20am
Gonna bump this for fellow ARC applicants.
natnat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natnat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 12:07pm
Stablous, so hows the interview outcome? positive one or dunno one since from April, its been 8 mths for the ARC application, if its not close to finsih, but at least you should hear somthing from them, did you order your caips try to find out what's been going on? and what cat. you apply under?

cheers
launched View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote launched Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 1:45pm
Has anyone done an ARC from south america? specifically Caracas?
My husband will have to do it, I just donĀ“t know how to prepare for it.
Any input will greatly appreciated.
Tasleem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasleem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 9:45am
Hello ARC people...

I have a question for you... does anyone know the timeline for an ARC? We have had interview, paid the ARC (you name it, it was done).  What happens from here? At what point can we file a mundamus?

Thanks for your advice

Stablous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stablous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 10:05am

@ natnat

My interview was positive and it is the spousal category. Based on info from my wife's MP, processing of the ARC part of the application only began in August, not sure why. The interview covered my immigration history mostly (around 70% approximately) and then the rest of it was spousal sponsorship stuff. 

@launched

I believe the old thread contains info regarding that. I think missingdave was from south america and their case was successful. There may have been some more recent postings on that thread by ARC applicants from Brazil too.
Stablous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stablous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 10:28am
Hi Tasleem,

Timelines seem to vary based on the high commission you are dealing with. There isn't very much info available concerning past ARC applications and the recent 'relocation' to this forum has not helped. However, you can look up the old thread for some indication (link posted below).

faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 11:34am
Hi Stablous...

I am cunfused by your timeline. Did you pay the ARC fees in Nov 2009? or Nov 2008?
Originally posted by Stablous Stablous wrote:

hey guys,

lets populate this thread.

Timeline :

Application sent to CIC-M : 9 Jan. 2008

Received by Visa Office (Accra, Ghana) :  11 Feb, 2008

Docs Requested : 15 Oct, 2008

Docs sent and ARC fees paid : 7 Nov, 2009

Letter Requesting Interview : 3 March, 2009

Interview attended : 22 April, 2009

still waiting...
faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 11:35am
My husband recently rec'd a request for the ARC fee, Deportation recovery fees & re-do of the medical. Does anyone know if they usually ask for the medical re-do at the same time?
Stablous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stablous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 11:55am
@ faith

Sorry that was a typo. 2008 is the correct year.

They do not normally request a medical re-do until a final decision has been reached concerning your application.

Thanks.

Edited by Stablous - 10 Jan 2010 at 11:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic