Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stablous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 6:37am
No faith, I haven't received a med re-do yet.

The Accra high commission does not normally prepare a med re-do until a positive decision has been reached regarding an application. I believe the same reasoning is applied in most high commissions.

In some cases, the intention to grant ARC is known and even communicated to the applicant prior to the actual decision being made. That can explain why you have received a med re-do. When I have read about this being done, it has been after a successful interview, and quite informally I should add. The interviewing officer isn't normally the person responsible for making a decision regarding an ARC application, it is reserved for a more senior officer, usually the program manager.

Have you had an interview or was it waived?

About the other ARC people, I wonder the same thing as you do. Maybe they'll make their way here eventually.

faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 12:45pm

Stablous,

We have not had an interview. I hope it has been waived however I hae not ordered CAIPS notes or anything. I did speak with my MP about it however she has not mentioned anything about the ARC. All she told me is that it can take an additional 6 to 7 months for our file to be completed.
rifathn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifathn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 8:45pm
Hi,

I had a deemed deportation and requre ARC to return to canada however i left Canada voluntarily by coordinating with CBSA. below is my timeline.

CSQ Applied= Jan 2005
CSQ Received= Oct 2006
AOR = March 2007
RCMP FP Mailed = March 2007
Medicals Done = April 2007
Local police certs mailed June 2007
RCMP Cert mailed to Buffalo =  31 July 2007
No response from Canada cosulate Buffalo after.

Last week i recieved a mail from Buffalo requesting to submit updated PCC for me and my wife, Complete ARC form, Redo medical forms and updated CSQ. I got my RPRF payment recipt on this mail as well. I have 60 days to submit this. Dont know why they took so much time for this. Is this a good sign? Any responses will be greatly appriciated. Cheers
faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:07pm
Hi Rifathn,

I am not sure what your abbreviations mean....What is csq? and pcc?
Besides that, I think it is strange that it took so long to get any info from them but I do think it is a good sign that they have asked for med re-do. Did they also ask you to pay the ARC fee?
rifathn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifathn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:01am
Quebec certificate of selection (CSQ), PCC Police certs. Yes they had asked to pay the ARC fee.
faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 6:27pm

Hi Everyone,

This is a timeline shared by a member on a Jamaica thread on a different site...
-I started this process in may, 2008.
file transfer- june 20, 2008
process started- oct 1, 2008
hubby overstayed and needed ARC, left mid march 2008- feb 1, 2009 money  and letter request
nothing, email replies just said in process
-may 26, hubby received call that he doesnt need ARC but has to pay more money cause $1500 is new fee doesnt matter if he paid his fare to go home. he pick up med redo form/police check
-meds redo june 1, 2009
emails sent, visit to embassy no info
-finally on january 4, 2010 sent email and got response that file schedule for review by manager
-january 13, 2010 receive call for passport
january 14, passport dropped off, we are finally at the end of the road.

Strange......they asked for med re-do and fees then did not process the visa for an additional 7 months......
Stablous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stablous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 12:27pm
Update on my file.

Received IMM 0008, IMM 5406 and medical redo forms last week. I've since done my medical.

Hopefully, the end is near Smile
faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 6:22pm
Wow!!! Stablous!!

That is really great!!! I hope that you hear some posative news soon my friend!!!! Let me know how it goes...

Nothing new for us. It has been 3 weeks since we handed in the ARC letter, med re-do and all fees.

Still waiting :(
Stablous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stablous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 7:22am
Thank you faith.

Don't be worried as finalizing ARC applications appears to require a few months. The processing times for applications at your high commission appear fair however, so yours shouldn't be an overly drawn out affair.

All the best.
faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 8:02pm
Stablous,

on Wednesday it will be 60 days since they issued us the letter requesting the ARC fee, Removal costs and ARC letter. I think that in most cases thye make the BF date 60 from whenever the last look on the accoutn had taken place so I am hoping that we get a call soon!!! Almost 4 yearsa since we have been seperated.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic