Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Got the Oath Date! - pre-test RQ applicant from St
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got the Oath Date! - pre-test RQ applicant from St

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got the Oath Date! - pre-test RQ applicant from St
    Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 5:16pm
Hi Everyone! 

I am so happy to share a good news! 
I just received a letter "Notice to Appear"!!  Finally!! It's ALMOST over! I was worried as I am expecting in early February and I haven't heard anything back from them since I wrote my test in October. 

The odd thing is that it will be at the Scarborough center. My file always has been with St.Clair.

Anyways, here is the timeline for those who are curious:

applied on Oct 24 2011
CIC received (I got the letter) in late nov 2011
being processed on July 26 2012 and RQ-ed at the same time.
sent the first batch of RQ in Sept 2012 and CBSA report on Oct 2012.
I was told that my RQ was reviewed in Aug 2013 and was told to wait for the next step. They also told me that my file got transferred to Scarborough. 
I got a test invitation from St.Clair, my home office. It was on Oct 21.
Lastly, Oath scheduled on January 9th at Scarborough.

For those who is still waiting and upset about their RQ, I am sending you all the good vibes!
SARABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 7:26pm
Congrats parkbr!
Your journey is almost over :)
Sarah

Edited by SARABC - 23 Dec 2013 at 11:38pm
Applied Feb7th,2012 (Family of 4)
In Process Oct4th,2012
Husband RQ & finger print November 2012
File separated from husband August 2013
Hubby test Oct. 2013
MY test Dec. 2013
Joint oath March 2014

Torontoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torontoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 7:31pm
congrats parkbr!!! That's great news!!! 

Did your online status change or does it have any information about your oath? 

All the best :)

Edited by Torontoz - 23 Dec 2013 at 7:35pm
Toronto (St. Clair) Received: Sep.6'11 | In Process: Apr.25'12 | Transferred: Jun.5'12| Test: Nov.20'13 | Oath: Feb.10'14
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by parkbr parkbr wrote:

Hi Everyone! 
applied on Oct 24 2011
I was told that my RQ was reviewed in Aug 2013 and was told to wait for the next step. They also told me that my file got transferred to Scarborough. 

For those who is still waiting and upset about their RQ, I am sending you all the good vibes!

That's fantastic news and a great timeline! I too am an RQ recipient from St. Clair (though mine was issued at-test) and your progress is certainly inspiring. Congratulations again and please enjoy your new Canadianness!

I wonder though - since St. Clair is your home office, but your file was transferred to Scarborough - whether RQs of lesser difficulty are being expedited through other offices in the GTA and St. Clair is dealing with the most serious ones?..

Thoughts anyone???

Edited by canuck25 - 23 Dec 2013 at 8:11pm
parkbr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by SARABC SARABC wrote:

Congrats parkbr!
Your journey is almost over :)
Sarah

Thank you Sarah.
Hopefully you will hear something very soon!
parkbr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Torontoz Torontoz wrote:

congrats parkbr!!! That's great news!!! 

Did your online status change or does it have any information about your oath? 

All the best :)

Thank you! 

My ecas didn't change yet. It has no information. 
parkbr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 12:06am
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

That's fantastic news and a great timeline! I too am an RQ recipient from St. Clair (though mine was issued at-test) and your progress is certainly inspiring. Congratulations again and please enjoy your new Canadianness!

I wonder though - since St. Clair is your home office, but your file was transferred to Scarborough - whether RQs of lesser difficulty are being expedited through other offices in the GTA and St. Clair is dealing with the most serious ones?..

Thoughts anyone???

Hope I can make it as I will be going in to my 9th month of pregnancy on that day!

I am not sure what happened, but when I did my test and interview after the test (with Citizenship officer) everything went quite smooth. I never understood why I got an RQ as I met the minimum residency days and had a job all the time. 

I was told that my file has been transferred to Scarborough in August, but I got a test date from St.Clair and didn't expect I will get an oath from Scarborough. I had a feeling that they just transferred the file there for the test date. 
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by parkbr parkbr wrote:

Hi Everyone! 

I am so happy to share a good news! 
I just received a letter "Notice to Appear"!!  Finally!! It's ALMOST over! I was worried as I am expecting in early February and I haven't heard anything back from them since I wrote my test in October. 

The odd thing is that it will be at the Scarborough center. My file always has been with St.Clair.

Anyways, here is the timeline for those who are curious:

applied on Oct 24 2011

Clapgreeaat news!StarStarStar
congrats!!
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
papa73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 9:48pm
Congrats! wow this is really good news and let us hope that the RQ cases will move fast in 2014. We have almost the same timeline so I am hoping that it won't be too long before I am called for the test.
Application for Citizenship sent: 10/15/2011
Acknowledment letter: 11/13/2011
In Process: 07/31/2012
Pre-Test RQ Received: 08/06/2012
RQ Mailed back to CIC:09/06/2012
CBSA Report Rec: 10/31/12
parkbr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by greeny greeny wrote:

Clapgreeaat news!StarStarStar
congrats!!

Thank you. Good luck to you as well!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic