Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRV Forms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OKGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRV Forms
    Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 1:33pm
Hello, I have a common law spouse in Canada and I am from the USA. I am inadmissable because of a couple of minor convictions that are not quite 10 years old yet. I just returned from a visit to canada and the border officer just about sent be home but allowed me in for the 10 days. I had to sign a voluntary  withdrawal form when I left. He said I need to apply for a visa so that I can visit my spouse. This is our history:

Applied for a common law sponsorship and the PRC was denied because we didn't receive the request for medical and security records as our new address didn't update properly. I left Canada and tried to flagpole to reinstate my status but was denied entry in Sept for overstays and my convictions.

What do you think the chances are of me getting a multiple entry visa considering my overstays, convictions, and having a common law spouse in canada?

If it is worth a try how do we fill out the statutory declaration of common law union when we are in different countries, what are they expecting for proof of support/proof of funds, and I don't have a planned visit as I am waiting to see if I get the visa first - do I state that in planned visit to canada details box?

Thanks for any help/advice anyone has!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic