Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beware, DHL lost my wifes passport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raycrawford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beware, DHL lost my wifes passport
    Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 3:15pm
Just for information purposed, DHL in Manila sent my wifes passport to her and after going to the Embassy three times she was finally told it was sent by DHL on January 28.  This was February 25!!

She went to DHL three days in a row and to date they still cannot locate it??

Apparently they do not deliver in the area she lives in??

What a night mare, I dont understand how CIC can phone some people and ask them to pick up documents and others they just send them and don't notify anyone.

Anyone have experience with this and ideas how to avoid this happening?

Regards,

Raymond.
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 3:18pm
I must say, i have seen the way DHL work, the appear to be one of the better companies, not saying this didnt happen of course.
But what I do know is when my friends parent application was going through, London CIC lost all their information everything, and they even tried to say that my friend had not even submitted the application.

Once it was proved that they had, the sponsorship was finished in 2 weeks, so it does make you wonder.

My question to you thought is this; Have you got time to apply for another passport and have it restamped, I sure do hope so :s
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic