Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I delete my profile?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futurevancouverite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I delete my profile?
    Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 2:20am
Before posting, I'm curious how do I delete my profile. Anyone know how? 
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 2:50pm
I do not know how, or even if you can delete a profile (I am a moderator, not a system administrator).

But if you go the "member control panel" link, you can delete almost all information in the profile, and thus effectively remove any and all personal information. (Not sure if you can delete the email address; if not, you can replace the email address with a junk address in the format of an email address, thus effectively removing it as well.)

I can suspend the account if you request but I don't think that accomplishes much beyond not allowing posts using the account.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 2:52pm
I might note, too, that the individual user may edit his or her own posts, which may include deleting the entire contents of the post.

(As a moderator I do not have this capability here -- otherwise, for example, I would have edited the previous post to include this statement.)
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
futurevancouverite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futurevancouverite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 5:25pm
Well, this is no good :(

Thanks for the answer!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic