Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Preferred" Tourist Destination

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_with_his_Mrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Preferred" Tourist Destination
    Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:38am
So we have a nice new forum complete with BB code!!  Huzzah!  I saw this today and had to chuckle:

Harpo is in China right now, part of his trip to Asia to improve relations with China and India, and his image with South and South East Asian communities in Canada.

I like how it mentions that Canada will be made a "preferred" tourist location for Chinese nationals.  It doesn't mention the fact that is not the government of China that makes travel to Canada difficult, but Canada that makes it difficult.

My wife is here now (almost 7 months!! Wow!Shocked), but it still makes me raw that it is so difficult for so many people to travel and spend money in this country.

Meh, I am not a big fan of Harpocrisy. 

Just thought I would share so I could post on our shiny new board!Tongue

Edited by Mr_with_his_Mrs - 03 Dec 2009 at 9:39am
Formerly Mr_without_his_Mrs
rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:47am
Ya but thnink of all the extra money the Emabssy will bring in when it receives so many more tourist applications that it can deny and keep their application fees.

What a business Immigration is turning out to be....
What a disgrace....

What was the numbers someone posted for tourist visa denials last year.
multiply that by $75 each.

Thats a nice little profit of $15,000,000 just to rubber stamp denied on the application form.

Edited by rbenoit - 03 Dec 2009 at 9:51am
sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 7:27pm
they were able to help that mexican judge who had his trv refused with same day service... we know they can make the system work if they want it to, the big guy is right there..he could give em all a nudge... but will he... 
sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 6:37pm
none of us can seem to get mr. harpers attention, but now we have world leaders trying.

chinese premier wen jiabao spoke in support of his citizens when he met with harper recently. wen later gave media and TV interviews where he blamed the harper government for the damaged relations. "we are reluctant to see canada alienate us in recent years," wen was quoted as saying by the official china daily. "that has hampered our trade and personal exchanges."

mr. harper managed to give farmers, airlines, and hostelers a significant boost when he achieve canada's approved destination status. visa applications could reflect a positive surge in the cash flow, we can expect to see more buses filled with strangers go by. Unfortunately, if relatives or family’s or friends want to take advantage of our new situation, they will not be able to stop in and visit for the wedding or funeral or wait for the birth or visit, they will have to stick to the tour schedule.

I have to remark how impressed I am with how he has spoken up to what he believes in human rights and how he sticks by his friends. he will become stronger and last longer with his new world leader image, we will have him for a very long time. he will return to china again. if wen jiabao found time after the business meetings to speak up on his citizens concerns with harpers policies, then maybe harper will feel more inclined towards listening to our citizen voices here at home calling out on the same issue. if somehow we could get harper to pay attention to our plight, then he could help us and fix things in an instant.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic