Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

application received on sep 24. still no ecas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmonton2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 5:54pm
I would wait until the end of January. I do not think they always open applications in the order they have received them. I am pretty sure the holidays will also cause some delay. 
Sending two applications in can probably cause some confusion and it might do more harm (=delay) then good right now.

Timeline spreadsheet

Rec'd: Sep 01, '11
In proc: Jan 24, '12
Test: Apr 25, '13
Oath: Jul 1, '13
drakeferna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakeferna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 6:27pm
This whole thing may just suggest that the two offices do not always communicate with each other effectively. If the processing centre is working on the application received on a specific date, does it mean that they have finished processing all the applications prior to this specific date? There are no remaining applications that were received before this date? 

Also, do they have a pre-screening process to check the completeness of an application before a file is created? Or they just wait until they start creating files, and then return those incomplete ones?

Originally posted by edmonton2011 edmonton2011 wrote:

I would wait until the end of January. I do not think they always open applications in the order they have received them. I am pretty sure the holidays will also cause some delay. 
Sending two applications in can probably cause some confusion and it might do more harm (=delay) then good right now.

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 7:10pm

While I am reluctant to disagree with an overt suggestion or request from a call centre agent, frankly I find the request to submit the application again to be strange, at the least, particularly given the timeline, even acknowledging that another call centre agent apparently said something similar last week. That said, I would be hesitant to attempt reading too much into this. It could mean that there are simply too many thousands of applicants who do not follow the instructions (see the guide and CIC website for instructions about when to contact CIC) and the call centre is beseiged by calls from applicants overly-anxious about what stage their application is at.

There is no detriment to waiting. This is a long process, and patience tends to be one of the necessary qualifications for citizenship now.

BTW: unless you already had some personal knowledge why your application was at risk for being misdirected, there was no reason to keep calling the call centre anxiously, particularly when you have the courier confirmation of delivery.

Sure, things do get lost. Rarely. Generally, however, that is not something there is any reason to worry about.     

Again, there should be no detriment to waiting. And I agree with edmonton2011, waiting until the end of January seems like an appropriate time to wait before calling again if nothing shows up still in eCas or your mailbox.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakeferna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 8:04pm
I don't believe there is anything in my application that may trigger the processing centre to return it. Fine, I used my university degree as the proof of language ability. My degree was earned in the USA, where English is the de facto official language.  

Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

While I am reluctant to disagree with an overt suggestion or request from a call centre agent, frankly I find the request to submit the application again to be strange, at the least, particularly given the timeline, even acknowledging that another call centre agent apparently said something similar last week. That said, I would be hesitant to attempt reading too much into this. It could mean that there are simply too many thousands of applicants who do not follow the instructions (see the guide and CIC website for instructions about when to contact CIC) and the call centre is beseiged by calls from applicants overly-anxious about what stage their application is at.

There is no detriment to waiting. This is a long process, and patience tends to be one of the necessary qualifications for citizenship now.

BTW: unless you already had some personal knowledge why your application was at risk for being misdirected, there was no reason to keep calling the call centre anxiously, particularly when you have the courier confirmation of delivery.

Sure, things do get lost. Rarely. Generally, however, that is not something there is any reason to worry about.     

Again, there should be no detriment to waiting. And I agree with edmonton2011, waiting until the end of January seems like an appropriate time to wait before calling again if nothing shows up still in eCas or your mailbox.

harrymann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrymann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 11:34pm
Nordicgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nordicgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 1:09am
Originally posted by drakeferna drakeferna wrote:

My degree was earned in the USA, where English is the de facto official language.  

USA does not have a national official language...

Edited by Nordicgirl - 10 Dec 2013 at 1:10am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakeferna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 1:34am
That's why I said "de facto".

Originally posted by Nordicgirl Nordicgirl wrote:

My degree was earned in the USA, where English is the de facto official language.  

Nordicgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nordicgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 1:49am

That's why I said "de facto".

Originally posted by Nordicgirl Nordicgirl wrote:

Lol, I read it too quickly and missed the de facto part.  Tongue

Time for bed. Too tired...
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 2:59am

I don't believe there is anything in my application that may trigger the processing centre to return it. Fine, I used my university degree as the proof of language ability. My degree was earned in the USA, where English is the de facto official language.

Foremost: frankly, there is NOTHING to be gained by the telephone calls to the call centre at this stage.

There is really nothing to do but WAIT until you see your case in eCas, you get the application returned to you, or it gets to be the end of January and you still do not see any status in eCas or returned application in the mailbox.

There are only three possibilities:

-- the application is opened, or will be opened, and will be "in "process"

-- the application is being returned to you (which can be for various reasons, most typical ones being incompleteness or deemed ineligible due to not meeting the basic residence requirement, sometimes it is because the applicant failed to include the receipt of fees paid, among other things)

-- the application is lost/misdirected

But there is nothing to do in the meantime but wait. Calls to the call centre are of no avail at this stage. There is nothing to do but wait to see if your case shows up in eCas in the next six or eight weeks, or you get an envelope with your application in your mailbox, or February comes around and it is time to dig some more and make decisions. Regardless of which thing it is, there is really no option but to wait in the meantime.

I cannot explain why two call centre representatives would suggest sending in another application. Does not make sense to me, not before you got the original one back (so you can ascertain what CIC sees as the problem and address it). But, frankly, making these calls to the call centre at this stage do not make sense either.

Odds are it is not lost. Thus, odds are that you will be seeing your case in eCas soon or you will get the original application returned to you in the mail (this is probably the longer-taking event).

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Fedup2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedup2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 9:13am
dpenabill,

Sometime I wounder if your sentences can get shorter.

You have the knowledge which we appreciate sharing it with us, but I found it uneasy to keep myself focus while reading your comments.

I feel it would be easy if your words are just direct to the point. Your writing reminds me of a Lawyer, who used to charge per hour. So any consultation that could be done in a five minutes would turn to an hour because that lawyer would keep talking arround the subject unnecessarly.

I hope you take my criticism in a positive way!
After all, most of us are just an immigrants. English is not our first language! We understand the basic English more than a complicated one.

Keep up the good work.

Simon
Landed Immigrant: Oct 2009
Sent Application: Mar 2013
In-process: Jun 2013
Received Letter: Jul 2013
File transferred to Mississauga Office: 15 Aug 2013
Written Test: 18 Jan 2014
Oath : 23 Jan 2014
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic