Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I got my test date!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 2:25pm
thank you for that reply Nordic Girl..but what is generally the time frame from test to oath...(i'm based in Toronto)

after test i will be away just for 20 days...in that 20 day period will they call me for an oath?
Currently a PR- applied for Citizenship
Nordicgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nordicgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 2:27pm
After I had done my test, I got an invitation to the oath about 3-4 weeks after that. The oath was about 1½ months after the test. My visa office was Scarborough.

Edited by Nordicgirl - 27 Nov 2013 at 2:28pm
edmonton2011 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmonton2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by pree pree wrote:

thank you for that reply Nordic Girl..but what is generally the time frame from test to oath...(i'm based in Toronto)

after test i will be away just for 20 days...in that 20 day period will they call me for an oath?

Your oath might be the same day or next week (in this case you will receive the invitation right after the test) or in a couple of months. I think the chances are very low that you will have the oath within 20 days of your test, unless you get the invitation right after the test. But anything is possible, so be prepared to come back on a short notice. 
If you want to see recent timelines, check out the link in my signature. 
Timeline spreadsheet

Rec'd: Sep 01, '11
In proc: Jan 24, '12
Test: Apr 25, '13
Oath: Jul 1, '13
SARABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 1:00am
Pree,
I have read the book  3 time until now & I am trying to do at least 5 online tests a day. I also feel stressed out but we have to keep going.
I honestly do not think that 2-3 days is enough; but that is just my opinion. You can access the online version of "Discover Canada" if you do not have the book itself. They advise you to come half an hour earlier only& that note is on the test invite & in bold letters. I am a very impatient person & I hate waiting so I plan o be there 20-30 minutes before the test only. The also ask you for specific documents so maybe you need to have your test letter scanned to know exactly what documents to take.
All the best to all of us sitting for the test soon.
Sarah

Hi Sara

How are you studying for it? i am trying to go through the whole book- sooo much to study..

and also doing some practice tests

Overall can one do this preparation in 2-3 days? 

how much earlier should one arrive for the test..1 hour before?

i do not have my letter - i just know the time...does one need to take tax forms...what if i cannot find all the tax forms for the test?

thanks

Applied Feb7th,2012 (Family of 4)
In Process Oct4th,2012
Husband RQ & finger print November 2012
File separated from husband August 2013
Hubby test Oct. 2013
MY test Dec. 2013
Joint oath March 2014

SARABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 1:01am
Originally posted by Tek13 Tek13 wrote:

I am so happy for you Sara !! Good Luck on your test =)
Thanks so much tek 13 Smile
In Process Oct4th,2012
Hubby test Oct. 2013
MY test Dec. 2013
Joint oath March 2014

SARABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SARABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 1:03am
Pree if there is one thing that I have learnt form this journey it is that each case is different. Some people get the oath the same day others have to wait up to four months. I have no idea what your priorities are but if I were you I would definitely wait for the oath.
Sarah

In Process Oct4th,2012
Hubby test Oct. 2013
MY test Dec. 2013
Joint oath March 2014

pree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 2:05am
Thank you all so much...

I agree..all cases are different.

I am leaving after my test, and I will call up to let them know that I am leaving for 20 days

(that way the CIC knows not to schedule my test during that time of absence)

generally it will be atleast a month's wait..or who knows, a 2nd chance to do the test/ meeting with judge...each case is different...

Also, what is the best attire for the test...business casual?

thank you
pree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 2:06am
Thanks for sharing your timeline.

After your test, did you leave or did you have to talk/say anything? I wanted to notify them that I especially flew in to do the test, and i'm flying out for 20 more days...is there anyone I can speak to there?
pree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 2:08am
Hello Nordic Girl

thanks for your reply- is scarborough office easy to get to via ttc...ie: if I go to Scarborough Town Centre- is it walking distance?

Thank you
mtlgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtlgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 8:38am

Thank you all so much...

I agree..all cases are different.

I am leaving after my test, and I will call up to let them know that I am leaving for 20 days

(that way the CIC knows not to schedule my test during that time of absence)

generally it will be atleast a month's wait..or who knows, a 2nd chance to do the test/ meeting with judge...each case is different...

Also, what is the best attire for the test...business casual?

thank you

keep in mind that even if you advise CIC of your absence, they still might schedule you. it has happened many times to people i know and even forum members here.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic