Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spouse Questionnaire IMM5490

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spouse Questionnaire IMM5490
    Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 9:53pm
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
rabbitkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbitkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 10:02pm
If you want to elaborate how your relationship developed it would be just fine.. but a clear and brief explanation is better since it is already obvious that for the past 4 and a half years your relationship evolved and grew into a one happy family. Wink HAKUNA MATATA. 
KEEP UP THE FAITH. God is good all the time.
javcil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 10:07pm
I wrote about 3 sentences in this box (and most of the other ones pertaining to the development of or relationship).  What I also did was write a 4 page typed letter which fully outlined our relationship (how we met, where we met, where we traveled together, etc. ... basically the who, what, why, where and when of our relationship).  For those boxes which asked about our relationship, etc., I referred to this letter.  They only give you enough space for 3 sentences anyway.
Application received in Mississauga Jan. 16/10
Sponsorship approved Feb. 4/10
Received in Ankara ... in process Feb. 24/10
Interview scheduled April 21/10
Visa received Apr. 22/10
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 10:25pm
Javcil: I have typed mine on the computer and printed them, then added extra sheets of paper to continue on from the questions. would you write things like a change of Job for my husband that had an impact on our relationship (as only he is able to work) to demonstrate difficulties we have over come etc? And how involved he was during my pregnancy/birth of our daughter and daily upbringing of our daughter to demonstrate that we are a happy loving family etc? would these be the kinds of thing CIC would want to know?  I don't want to write too much and bore them so much they wouldnt read it properly! 
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 10:59pm
I wouldn't worry so much as typing a description out that is worded to make CIC happy. Just type out how you would best like your relationship viewed. Maybe just imagine describing yourselves as a couple to a family member instead of an IO that way you feel a bit more relaxed and comfortable with it. Nothing is too short or too long. You will do just fine. :)
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 11:20pm
Ask yourself what, if anything, the IO may find suspicious about your status as a couple.  Then, write your answer to describe the development of your relationship in a way that answers the kinds of questions an IO may have.  In our case, we thought an IO would want to be assured that my wife didn't marry me to get into Canada.  So we emphasized several key points, including the quality of her lifestyle in her home country, her decision to decline 2 previous opportunities to emigrate to other developed countries, how well her family and close friends know and accept me, and the extent of our devotion to each other. Basically, ask yourself what are the likely questions that would exist in an IOs mind about you as a couple, and let your story tell them whatever is needed to offset their concerns.

It's worth writing and re-writing this several times until it is brief, spare and very well organized. Don't ramble on for pages -- focus and say what needs to be said to allay any concerns about you as a couple.  
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
javcil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 11:31pm
I was also sure to address any 'red flags' we had.  In our case, age difference, my previous marriage and 2 children, and my husband's culture (he is from a Muslim culture) were all red flags and needed to be dealt with up front.  Honestly, I am not a 'gushy' woman, and our 4 page story was more of a description than an emotional love-story.  Not to say that there was absolutely no emotion to it, but it reads more like a biography than a Harlequin :)

Edited by javcil - 04 Mar 2010 at 11:47pm
Visa received Apr. 22/10
javcil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javcil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 11:33pm
PS: I also gave reasons we wanted to live in Canada vs. Turkey: ie, I can't work in my current occupation in Turkey, as they don't hire foreign nurses, I don't speak Turkish really well, and my children still need me here in Canada (at least for a few more years).
Visa received Apr. 22/10
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 9:04am
My husband and I have a 10 year age gap, I am 27 and he is 37 (38 next month) would an IO question our relationship with that kind of an age gap?
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 10:05am
I doubt it, 10 years is what I find to be about average in most cases, and it it more common for the male to be older. Besides, your case is as solid as anyones :)
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic