Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New information in GCMS report. Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

greeny, you mentioned you ordered your ATIP in September. Did you receive it? What was in it? 

If you still haven't gotten it I would be concerned about your request reaching the CIC. I asked for mine 3 weeks ago and it arrived this week. 
yes, I ordered it in august and got it in september, nothing new was there, the same information as it was in January. and I called CIC after that, and the agent said to me in a very angry manner that I got ATIP and he could seethat on the file, and:
"why are you calling after you got your ATIP just a week ago, you must think that we are hiding something, to say you the truth ATIP will show you more than we can see on your file"
and he did a request to my local CIC in 3 days my ECAS updated for the 1st time since I got my test invitation, saying they sent me a letter and if I didn't send some docs to do it urgently. Next day I got that letter, saying that my file is in inventory of St. Clair office and once they know what's the next step they will let me know, for that moment they advised to renew my PR and so I did.

landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by greeny greeny wrote:

people are so lazy to look through the threads, asking one and the same question, 
Sure!

Now we only need to teach the moderator of this forum the Internet ethiquette, part of which is that he does not flood and hijack every topic but simply makes a 1-sentence response ending with a link, "for further details, see this post", if needed.

Otherwise half of the forum will eventually have finger muscle cramps and possibly eye disorders from having to scroll through 7 pages of dpenabill after every other post :-)

Edited by ski - 14 Nov 2013 at 11:11pm
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by ski ski wrote:

Originally posted by greeny greeny wrote:

people are so lazy to look through the threads, asking one and the same question, 
 finger muscle cramps and possibly eye disorders from having to scroll through 7 pages of dpenabill after every other post :-)
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 12:32am
While dpenabill and I have disagreed in some previous threads, I must say that ad hominem attacks are rather childish. Sure his/her posts are quite often verbose, but (s)he actually reiterates and shares details and thinking that many, including myself, have found helpful, often providing a measured and logical glimpse of CIC processes that tend to be viewed rather emotionally and not at all in a balanced fashion by other members. I'd much rather see lengthy posts that elaborate on similar themes than not see them. 
bjones View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 12:43am

While dpenabill and I have disagreed in some previous threads, I must say that ad hominem attacks are rather childish. Sure his/her posts are quite often verbose, but (s)he actually reiterates and shares details and thinking that many, including myself, have found helpful, often providing a measured and logical glimpse of CIC processes that tend to be viewed rather emotionally and not at all in a balanced fashion by other members. I'd much rather see lengthy posts that elaborate on similar themes than not see them. 

Very well said! As I have said before, dpenabill's posts have been more than helpful to understand the details in the citizenship application process. I make it a point to read and understand each and every one of dpenabill's posts, and I am sure many of us do the same here.
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 3:57am

While dpenabill and I have disagreed in some previous threads, I must say that ad hominem attacks are rather childish
I suggest that we do not confuse ad hominem attacks with comments on (what I believe is) blatant refusal to follow reasonable rules of Internet ethiquette in communication on a public forum, which is especially not good from a moderator.

I have nothing against dpenabill as a person, and many of his posts offer interesting analysis, however I also do find that some of his actions on this forum are wrong and destructive, and it's these actions that I comment.

Thank you for not confusing between the two :)

Edited by ski - 15 Nov 2013 at 4:50am
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 9:17am

Note: my posts are almost always from the point of view of just one more participant here, having little or nothing to do with my role as a moderator, which is mostly spam cop and, thankfully, only an occasional bit of policing content (abusive posts, blatant copyright concerns, or such, which again thankfully have been very few).

This post is an exception. I am posting this as a moderator.

Reminder: The subject of this topic is "New information in GCMS report. Thoughts?

While I appreciate expressions of support, this is not the place to discuss this.

There is a forum for posting comments and suggestions, and within that a forum for specifically making complaints about other participant's posts. See sticky topic and site administration's first post therein for instruction.

ski, in particular, if you want to post complaints about the way I post or any other participant posts, please do so in the proper forum. The instructions say to identify the name of the participant in the topic title. There is already a topic there referencing complaints against me (dpenabill, which is linked here, or you may start a new topic in that forum as per the site administration instructions.

I think you may also lodge a complaint directly with the site administrator, which will at least result in an email to all moderators. I am not the only moderator here. Moreover, I actually have no interaction with the administration of this site beyond being forwarded emails reporting spam or abusive posts.

This post and the above off-topic posts will be hidden, moved, or deleted when I get around to it. I do not recall what functions participants have with regard to posts (other than the capacity to edit them, which I do not have), but if anyone wants to preserve their off-topic post above, in the meantime you probably want to copy it and, perhaps, repost it in the appropriate forum.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

By the way: I am not likely to respond to the complaints you have posted in multiple topics recently ski. I will read and consider all complaints, but will only respond if I perceive there is something to be gained by a response.

Perhaps another moderator will address the issues raised. And, if in the appropriate forum, other participants may offer a response, be that an observation or comment, a suggestion or whatever, or further complaint.

In any event, again, this post and others off-topic above will be hidden, moved, or deleted, not today but when I get around to it (unless another moderator does so first).

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 9:47pm
Note: see this page for moved posts. As I said, I will hide, move, or delete the other posts above, those that are off-topic (including mine), when I get around to it.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by ski ski wrote:

While <i style="font-weight: bold;">dpenabill and I have disagreed in some previous threads, I must say that ad hominem attacks are rather childish
I suggest that we do not confuse ad hominem attacks with comments on (what I believe is) blatant refusal to follow reasonable rules of Internet ethiquette in communication on a public forum, which is especially not good from a moderator.
I have nothing against dpenabill as a person, and many of his posts offer interesting analysis, however I also do find that some of his actions on this forum are wrong and destructive, and it's these actions that I comment.
Thank you for not confusing between the two :)

You may wish to go to other forums if you don't like other people's posts, or you may simply ignore posts.

You should not criticize other members, on a free, volunteer forum where people are spending time/effort to help others without any personal gains.

Dpenabill has been very helpful to members on this forum, and I appreciate his detailed analysis. Go and try get that from a lawyer and see how much they charge you for it.

Moderators are just here for removing spam posts/threads, other than that there is nothing special. We don't own the forum, or "operate" it.
We're also volunteers. If you have any issues you can go ahead and speak to the owner of the forum, Mr. Colin Singer.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic