Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New information in GCMS report. Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New information in GCMS report. Thoughts?
    Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 1:17pm
Hey folks,

I just received my latest GCSM report. There are a number of new entries that were not in the file back in February and I'd appreciate your help in understanding these. One thing for sure - I am glad to see some movement on my file. 

In the NOTES section from July of this year, CIC St. Clair added the following: Triaged under initial OB 407. RQ and supporting docs reviewed - exceptions do not appear applicable. File returned to queue for complete review analysis" EM.

Under PROFILES - FILES I noticed a change in line item LOCATION. Previously it said res assessment>1,094 August 2012. Now it says RQ Aug 2012.

In the ACTIVITIES section, one pertaining to the CEREMONY now lists Siebel Administration under Responsible Office. Previously this was left blank. The same is true for the DECISION activity as well. 

Unfortunately, there have not been any updates on other process items so I continue to wait as the file goes back to the queue...

Edited by canuck25 - 13 Nov 2013 at 1:19pm
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

In the NOTES section from July of this year, CIC St. Clair added the following: Triaged under initial OB 407. RQ and supporting docs reviewed - exceptions do not appear applicable. File returned to queue for complete review analysis" EM.

It appears that they re-triaged your file to see if any of the exceptions to original May 2012 RQ triage checklist apply (like clarification of meaning / changing of indicators - that happened in Nov 2012 and possibly later as well). From the looks of it, no exceptions in your case - you are still staying on RQ track.

Under PROFILES - FILES I noticed a change in line item LOCATION. Previously it said res assessment>1,094 August 2012. Now it says RQ Aug 2012.

They returned your file to the RQ pile. Possibly a different pile than where it was before (>1094 Aug 2012 appears to be a shelf they've been also using for pre-test RQs from CPC-S with over 1094 days claimed, from the looks of it you were also applying with 1094+ days and they put you there when an RQ at test was issued; so they may have moved you to another pile of Aug 2012 RQs they intend to review in full).
Might not mean anything if they changed the way they segregate files and renamed shelves between 2012 and now.

In the ACTIVITIES section, one pertaining to the CEREMONY now lists Siebel Administration under Responsible Office. Previously this was left blank. The same is true for the DECISION activity as well. 

Siebel is a major software platform, so you can ignore this one. Looks like a default value for a field not filled or assigned to an automatic trigger.

Edited by akella - 13 Nov 2013 at 1:45pm
Fedup2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedup2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 1:54pm
Hi Akella,

I am impressed with your ability to to read the GCSM Reports and giving full explanation of what it means.

Where did you learn that?

As you can see my timeline below, do you recommend that I obtain a GCSM report to check the status of my application?

What is the advantages vs. disadvantages of obtaining GCSM report, does it flag or effect my application's process?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Simon

Landed Immigrant: Oct 2009
Sent Application: Mar 2013
In-process: Jun 2013
Received Letter: Jul 2013
File transferred to Mississauga Office: 15 Aug 2013
Written Test: 18 Jan 2014
Oath : 23 Jan 2014
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 2:17pm
@FedUP 2013 - I would not request a GCMS yet since it likely won't show anything of any consequence. Your application has only been in process 4-5 months. If you don't hear anything by February then you may want to request one. 

Doing so does not impede the process in any way, it's just it likely won't show any meaningful info at this stage. 
farrous13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farrous13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by akella akella wrote:

you are still staying on RQ track.

What do you mean by this akella? So sometimes applicants are transitioned back to a normal processing time?

Edited by farrous13 - 13 Nov 2013 at 2:52pm
Fedup2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedup2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 3:07pm
Thank you canuck25 for your kind reply.

Question: is there any document / guide that available on internet or CIC website that help explaining the GCMS report.

How do you know how to translate these reports?
I am not saying that I don't trust your given information, but is there anything to support that?

Thank you again.

Simon
Landed Immigrant: Oct 2009
Sent Application: Mar 2013
In-process: Jun 2013
Received Letter: Jul 2013
File transferred to Mississauga Office: 15 Aug 2013
Written Test: 18 Jan 2014
Oath : 23 Jan 2014
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 10:00pm

Hey folks,

i'm really glad there is smth happening with your case, and I think your case will be within the 24months period, so by about fall  next year you'll be a citizen for sure!

are your security checks "fresh"Big smile or must be redone?
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 10:02pm
Greeny, I certainly hope you are wrong. :)  My case will pass the quoted "35 months from the application date" timeframe in 6 months (May 2014). I certainly hope next Fall I will have been a citizen for at least 5 months. 

Is there a new timeframe they are now giving people (25 months from the date RQ response received)???????
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 10:29pm

Greeny, I certainly hope you are wrong. :)  My case will pass the quoted "35 months
look at my signature for a secondLOL do you still believe in this CIC jokeBig smile
Quote  from the application date" timeframe in 6 months (May 2014). I certainly hope next Fall I will have been a citizen for at least 5 months. 
that what I'm talking  , sayingTongue "for sure"
Is there a new timeframe they are now giving people (25 months from the date RQ response received)???????
Big smileno, just my observations, actually , your timeframe is the same with my friend , Rqed last X-mass, I proposing him to get his blue passport somewhere about May, the same as you are expecting, yeah, but this is the earliest point and the last is somewhere in fallSmile

Edited by greeny - 13 Nov 2013 at 10:30pm
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 11:53am
Greeny,

Love your optimism:) I think I responded to you in an earlier thread a few weeks ago but am curious - have you ordered your GCMS report and consulted a lawyer??? 47 months is ridiculous.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic