Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

inland application septembere 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by shortie shortie wrote:

I wondered why the old forum was locked...  didn't know they had a new one here Confused

Lots of spammers and in-fighting. Here if one sent a spam, IP gets banned. If there is abusive post, abusive post gets removed/moved from the thread. So cleaner and better forum altogether. We can still read the old posts and if you've been part of a "thread topic" you can email the "friends/members" who were part of that thread so they can join you here.
zob79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zob79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:28pm
Great news People.

Spouse or Common–Law Partner Class May 30, 2009 5-6 months

Time is reduced to 5-6 months from 6 months. Hopefully they start working in full gear now.
lizzard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:29pm
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.

We submitted out spousal sponsorship application in September 2009, but Im not sure how to check the status on ecas (my husband doesn't have a client ID that he knows of). Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:59pm
You can also check your E-CAS by using your payment receit number.
Here is the link you go to to get to E-CAS:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas

If you don't show on E-CAS, it's possible that they haven't opened your application yet. Also, you can call CIC and they will guide you and let you know for sure if you are there or not.
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

lizzard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:36pm
Thank you Carmenuta,

I took your advice but it seems that they have not yet begun processing our case *sigh*. I know everyone's case is different, but what do people feel the "average" timeframe is for an inland spousal sponsorship?

I also sent in an application for an open work permit, any ideas on the timeframe for that one as well? My application was received in Vegreville the second week of October if that makes any difference...
Carmenuta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmenuta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 4:41pm
Hi, lizzard! Interesting nickname, by the way... To be honest, I'm not in that program but I remember talking to someone who was in your specific program and he told me that from the time he applied to the time he got his PR it was 6 months straight. That was a while ago, not too long ago... but still. I think with your program things move faster, especially if your paper work is flawless. As far as the open work permit... I don't have info on that. We should take the CIC's site info for real. It is true. I'm expecting mine to arrive at the end of January if things keep going the way they are right now. And yes, if they haven't started processing your application then you probably won't show on E-CAS just yet. Don't worry. At this time (if you know for a fact, CIC got your application), no news IS good news :-). That's all I can say for now! Take care!
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

wordstar_28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 9:45am
hi lizzard! were you able to see your updates in ecas now? bec me it takes 1 month before they started processing my application from the day they received it. if you can't check by receipt number call cic so they can give you a client id. don't worry you gonna see it soon
zob79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zob79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 3:56pm
Yes, finally they updated my e-case.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 21, 2009.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2009.
wordstar_28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wordstar_28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 9:36am
wow zob79 thats good. you've waited long i guess. they received mine sept 25 and started processing oct 30. well congrats!!! another waiting time to go. for me no changes yet still in process but its okey i need to wait.
indimae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indimae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 1:42am
Hi,

I'm new here. I applied under spousal category- inland.

We sent the documents in Vergeville September 4th, received September 8th, opened October 5th. I got the Client ID number after calling the call center couple of times and talking to different operators. Obviously all the operators are not informed the same. I was informed that they'll start working on the application in 5-6 months, but got no info what that means and what exactly happens in 5-6 months. Meanwhile I received my visitor's visa extension (yey! :-)).

With the application I sent an application for open work permit as well. When do they approve the open work permit?
Can someone explain what happens in those 5-6 months?

Thanks!
PR card holder since June 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic