Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous > Comments or Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion for Keeping Forum Most Useful

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestion for Keeping Forum Most Useful
    Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 10:53pm
I don't often search here any more because my application is in process now. But when I did search, I sometimes found I had to wade through many posts that were purely social and contained zero information.  

I don't object to people coming here for support and camaraderie while they go through this difficult process.  In fact, I think it's an important part of the forum experience for many. Just look at the number of times people remark on how relieved they are to receive encouragement from others who are going through the same ordeal!

It would be great if this forum could serve both purposes well.  I think this could be done by having a "lounge" where people who want to share experiences or just generally chat.  If the forum manager could produce a series of "sticky" chat topics that stay "up front", these stickies could serve that purpose very well.  And if people could then develop the discipline to keep social posts to the lounge, people looking for specific information could find it more easily.

It might even be worthwhile to have sticky topics on subjects that many people ask questions about -- police certificates, medicals, establishing proof of common law, organizing your submission, qualifying as a sponsor, etc.  

Of course, the forum managers may not want to do any of this.  But we could still make this a more useful forum by starting our own "chat" threads when all we want to do is 'talk'.  The recent "Go Canada Go" thread is an example -- we aren't going to find any "useful" information about immigration on it, but it sure is fun, and nobody is going to waste time searching through the posts for a nugget of important information.

B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 12:52am
you can go to the reply of your post by searching your last post, may be it is easier way and take lesser time to go desired place.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic