Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best place to start fresh in Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best place to start fresh in Canada
    Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 1:06pm
hey i have a question for you all.  anyways i recently got married and my wife will be moving here pretty soon.  and well i live in winnipeg and i don't like it.  anyways, i am considering to relocate to another city.  any recommendations?  i want to know the pro and cons of each place and i just want to be somewhere it is just a good environment to live and have a new beginning.  and i hope there is a lot of opportunities not like in winnipeg.

thanks.
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:04pm
Trainman -

You might want to check out this old thread for some opinions:

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=728&KW=&title=locations-with-the-most-opportunity-in-canada
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
trainman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:29am
i read the forum not much help
Rosemary123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosemary123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 10:44pm
The Maritimes, the Canadian Rockies, the plains, British Columbia - there are so many wonderful choices to make when exploring.

Niagara Falls
are glorious: it's a shame that you have to pass through an embarrassingly plastic town to see this glorious attraction.

• Ottawa, near the border of Quebec Province, is a pleasant town that is known for its festivals (particularly its Tulip Festival), Winterlude (billed as "America's greatest winter festival), numerous museums and overall pleasantness. I think so...
Harmonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harmonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 11:23am
Hi Trianman...

I guess it depends on what you both do for a living. 

Give us more details & maybe you'll get an informed opinion.

I'm in Ottawa right now - but have been all over.  Ottawa is great - lots of high tech, government town though. 

If you are looking to settle down and live somewhere, maybe you should take a road trip and investiage some of your options.  Make a list of your requirements first - so that you can narrow down your adventure.   What's important to you?  Night life?  Festivals?  Small town / big city?  What makes you feel most at home?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic