Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Test RQ receipients ONLY ( Since 2009)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 181>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 4:14pm
any news?Stern Smile
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
waiting4citizenship View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waiting4citizenship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 9:19am
Originally posted by greeny greeny wrote:

any news?Stern Smile
Not for me, i guess greeny you should hear something before me, because your RQ response was received by St claire office before me(RQ sent August 2011) ....
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 10:56am
Originally posted by waiting4citizenship waiting4citizenship wrote:

any news?Stern Smile
Not for me, i guess greeny you should hear something before me, because your RQ response was received by St claire office before me(RQ sent August 2011) ....
nobody knows
now I have a new theory - Rqs are being assessed from the top of the "bunch"
Jan 2012 Rqs - oath Feb 2014
Feb/march 2012 Rqs - oath - March 2014
April/May 2012 - oath April 2014
June/August 2012 - oath May2014

it looks like they go from the topBig smile 
in this case  - you will be the firstWink

Edited by greeny - 25 Feb 2014 at 10:57am

oath- Dec , 2014
waiting4citizenship View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waiting4citizenship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 11:43am

Originally posted by waiting4citizenship waiting4citizenship wrote:

any news?Stern Smile
nobody knows
now I have a new theory - Rqs are being assessed from the top of the "bunch"
Jan 2012 Rqs - oath Feb 2014
Feb/march 2012 Rqs - oath - March 2014
April/May 2012 - oath April 2014
June/August 2012 - oath May2014

it looks like they go from the topBig smile 
in this case  - you will be the firstWink
We can just keep on making our theories and keep on waiting..CIC keeping us busy Smile...

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 3:51pm

There has been speculation about the scope, reach, and priorities in CIC's apparent effort to accelerate processing of all applications including RQ'd cases, particularly given the recent surge in pre-test RQ'd applicants being scheduled for the test, many also scheduled for the oath.

My sense is that even if CIC is also making an effort to accelerate post-test RQ'd cases, those efforts are most likely separate and apart from the efforts to get pre-test RQ'd applicants scheduled for the test-event and interview. I would not expect nearly as much progress for the post-test RQ cases as there appears to be for pre-test RQ cases.

Remember: if there is RQ after the test without a fairly short term decisioin to make a file review referral, the application goes into a queue for a full-blown residency assessment, waiting for a citizenship officer to be assigned who will do that thorough assessment and who will be preparing a special "briefing" of the issues for the Citizenship Judge. I am quite sure this takes place for such cases even if eventually there is no hearing, but the equivalent of a file review (but based on the full blown assessment, and the "briefing" prepared by the citizenship officer). This will continue to encounter substantial delays in the timeline, and for anyone destined for an in-person hearing with a Citizenship Judge, in particular, there will continue to be a long timeline.

It may appear that more recent RQ cases are being processed ahead of older RQ cases. This may be so for the many thousands of pre-test RQ cases in inventory, applicants waiting for a test. But for post-test RQ cases, those are likely to be stuck in the mire of long, long waits even if CIC accelerates its efforts to deal with these cases.

Note: some pre-test RQ'd applicants may fall into the same category as post-test RQ cases; if after the test event and interview, CIC is not satisfied as to residency, the pre-test RQ case will similarly go into a queue for a full-blown residency assessment, waiting for a citizenship officer to be assigned who will do that thorough assessment and who will be preparing a special "briefing" of the issues for the Citizenship Judge. In other words: I am quite sure that pre-test RQ'd applicants are not necessarily cleared for approval before they are scheduled for the test and interview (in fact, my impression is that this was perhaps a prior practice in some local offices, such as St. Clair, and this was what was bogging down processing for pre-test RQ'd applicants).

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
White1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 4:17pm
Hi,

As per the latest release of the Citizenship bill the officers them will take the desicions and the judge would be responsible for the oath only.Smile
Application Received Aug-2010          
In Process -    Mar - 2011
Test- Jun - 2011
RQ-July - 2011
RQ Office- St.Clair
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 4:50pm

Originally posted by White1970 White1970 wrote:

As per the latest release of the Citizenship bill the officers them will take the desicions and the judge would be responsible for the oath only.

Only if and when Bill C-24 becomes law. Which may be relatively soon in legislative processing terms (several or many months), but it may take most of the year, or it may not even happen.

Note: the impact of this really will be to eliminate file reviews. Cases which are referred to the Citizenship Judge for a file review under current law will be simply granted citizenship upon approval by a CIC Citizenship Officer. All other cases will still go to a CJ for determination. Basically CIC will be able to approve and grant citizenship without CJ involvement. In contrast, to deny or terminate applications (other than withdrawn or abandoned applications), a referral to a CJ will be necessary.

The impact of this for most post-test RQ recipients will be minimal, largely derivative of the extent to which citizenship application processing is generally streamlined and there are, thus, more resources for processing these applications and CJs have more time to hold hearings.

My understanding is this part of the Bill, however, will take effect relative to all applications, if and when the Bill becomes law that is, applicable to all applications regardless of when the application was made.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

I would not expect nearly as much progress for the post-test RQ cases as there appears to be for pre-test RQ cases.
no progress for more than 4 years
that's encouraging Dead

oath- Dec , 2014
White1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 7:12am
Question to all does it make sense to withdraw the application and resubmit so that it gets out of the backlog pile and is treated as a fresh intake? . As it is seen that fresh files are processed sooner than the earlier ones.
Application Received Aug-2010          
In Process -    Mar - 2011
Test- Jun - 2011
RQ-July - 2011
RQ Office- St.Clair
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by White1970 White1970 wrote:

Question to all does it make sense to withdraw the application and resubmit so that it gets out of the backlog pile and is treated as a fresh intake? . As it is seen that fresh files are processed sooner than the earlier ones.

Not really.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 181>
  Share Topic