Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Test RQ receipients ONLY ( Since 2009)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
supercarp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supercarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Shararti Shararti wrote:

Hi All,

Finally some good news to share! I received a letter last week to take the Oath at Scarborough on May 7th! I have waited exact 3 years and 2 months. Below is my timeline.

March 7, 2012: Applied for Citizenship
September 7, 2013: Received letter to take test. Passed the test on the same day and was given RQ
October 21, 2013: Provided RQ and supporting documents
May 7, 2015: Oath

FYI - I also requested ATIP twice. For those wondering how long it takes to get oath after your file has been approved and you are on the waiting list of ceremony, it took 3 months for me. My ATIP mentioned that on Feb 7, 2015, the decision was made to grant citizenship and my file was approved. So I guess it will vary but people should get it within 3 to 4 months.

Congratulations!

Anyone can share their guess/opinion on how long it usually may take from fingerprint to decision, for us who have waited after RQ for two years since 2011?  I was recently tested (in March) and requested fingerprint (in late April, and submitted in May). Thanks.
Harrikon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harrikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 5:39am
Originally posted by supercarp supercarp wrote:

Originally posted by Shararti Shararti wrote:

Hi All,

Finally some good news to share! I received a letter last week to take the Oath at Scarborough on May 7th! I have waited exact 3 years and 2 months. Below is my timeline.

March 7, 2012: Applied for Citizenship
September 7, 2013: Received letter to take test. Passed the test on the same day and was given RQ
October 21, 2013: Provided RQ and supporting documents
May 7, 2015: Oath

FYI - I also requested ATIP twice. For those wondering how long it takes to get oath after your file has been approved and you are on the waiting list of ceremony, it took 3 months for me. My ATIP mentioned that on Feb 7, 2015, the decision was made to grant citizenship and my file was approved. So I guess it will vary but people should get it within 3 to 4 months.

Congratulations!

Anyone can share their guess/opinion on how long it usually may take from fingerprint to decision, for us who have waited after RQ for two years since 2011?  I was recently tested (in March) and requested fingerprint (in late April, and submitted in May). Thanks.

I know this is not the answer you want, but no one knows. CIC processing seems to have improved, but every case is unique. Some FP cases have been resolved in as little as 6 months, while some drag on for years and years. 
supercarp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supercarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 5:17am
Originally posted by Harrikon Harrikon wrote:

I know this is not the answer you want, but no one knows. CIC processing seems to have improved, but every case is unique. Some FP cases have been resolved in as little as 6 months, while some drag on for years and years. 

Right, but my 2011 FP took a month from request to pass. hope this time it wont take long. the good thing is that the Hearing also changes from "Not Started" to "Not Required", after the test and interview.
Harrikon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harrikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by supercarp supercarp wrote:

Originally posted by Harrikon Harrikon wrote:

Right, but my 2011 FP took a month from request to pass. hope this time it wont take long. the good thing is that the Hearing also changes from "Not Started" to "Not Required", after the test and interview.

You should be filing for Writ of Mandamus at this point. It has taken too long to process your application. Call a lawyer, Call CIC, get an ATIP and start the process. You will win for sure (provided you have a straightforward case)... CIC will drop the hearing and grant you citizenship. 
Applied: June 2012
Processing: December 2012
RQ and Test: December 2013
(Reason for RQ: unknown)
Oath: May 2015
Triguy734 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triguy734 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 2:33pm
Hi there..first post here and hoping someone can help. 

Here are my details:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 24, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 24, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on March 2, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January 22, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Yesterday, the ECAS status changed to Decision Made. I called the CIC Call Centre and they have no clue and basically read out the same stuff I can online. I am sure its not a surprise to most people here. 

So based on the normal timeline, they have till Dec 24, 2015 to decide on my case for Non Routine Apps but now it seems they have made a decision. 

I read that this could be a Judge Hearing or a Denial or a Letter for Oath?I read the online descriptions for In Process and Decision Made and it seems it would be IN PROCESS if there was a judge hearing or are these loose categories (ie I can still get JH?). Well, worst case, it could be a denial.

I had been RQ-ed and had passed my test etc and the delay was due to some missing stamps in my application vs my passport but the interviewing officer told me that I met my day requirements but the only issue is the missing stamps else its good and to hear by December (this was in Feb 2014).

Any thoughts on what people usually receive and what timeline is involved in receiving the letter re. decision made? I am in Toronto and the case is in St. Clair. Also, what the next steps are usually?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate your responses.

Edited by Triguy734 - 03 Jun 2015 at 2:35pm
galactus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galactus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 4:49pm
Hello, today I'm finally a canadian citizen, 36 months after I applied. I guess I should be thankful it didnt take 5 years? I have seen new applicants recently whose citizenship was granted 6 months after they applied. Im happy for them, of course, but I can only feel I was mistreated by the CIC and I consider the conservative gouvernment responsible for this whole R.Q. fiasco. It will be a pleasure to vote against them next elections. Hell, I might just get my petty revenge by voting for the Bloc and sending a letter to the CIC explaining they are the reason I did ;).

To be totally fair, I think they are seriously trying to close the R.Q.s now. I still think they should have sent an apology to all those who had to suffer unreasonable processing times because of their fault.

ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 5:29pm
Congratulations!
walrus189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walrus189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Triguy734 Triguy734 wrote:

Hi there..first post here and hoping someone can help. 

Here are my details:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 24, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 24, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on March 2, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January 22, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Yesterday, the ECAS status changed to Decision Made. I called the CIC Call Centre and they have no clue and basically read out the same stuff I can online. I am sure its not a surprise to most people here. 

So based on the normal timeline, they have till Dec 24, 2015 to decide on my case for Non Routine Apps but now it seems they have made a decision. 

I read that this could be a Judge Hearing or a Denial or a Letter for Oath?I read the online descriptions for In Process and Decision Made and it seems it would be IN PROCESS if there was a judge hearing or are these loose categories (ie I can still get JH?). Well, worst case, it could be a denial.

I had been RQ-ed and had passed my test etc and the delay was due to some missing stamps in my application vs my passport but the interviewing officer told me that I met my day requirements but the only issue is the missing stamps else its good and to hear by December (this was in Feb 2014).

Any thoughts on what people usually receive and what timeline is involved in receiving the letter re. decision made? I am in Toronto and the case is in St. Clair. Also, what the next steps are usually?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate your responses.

Anything new on your case
Application: April 2012
Test: Feb 2013 RQ on test
RQ returned March 2013
Triguy734 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triguy734 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 12:30pm
Hi Walrus, yes. Oath on Monday. 

I may point out that the Status on ECAS changed back to In Process then I got the letter, then it changed back to Decision Made....smh..

Good Luck to you.
walrus189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walrus189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Triguy734 Triguy734 wrote:

Hi Walrus, yes. Oath on Monday. 

I may point out that the Status on ECAS changed back to In Process then I got the letter, then it changed back to Decision Made....smh..

Good Luck to you.

Congratulations and thanks.
Application: April 2012
Test: Feb 2013 RQ on test
RQ returned March 2013
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181
  Share Topic