Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Test RQ receipients ONLY ( Since 2009)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 181>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
venky_ms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venky_ms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 9:55am
Originally posted by greeny greeny wrote:

Originally posted by mdody mdody wrote:

Hi greeny

we are in the same boat my time line is

Application received:  Nov 2009  

File transfer to St, Clair : april 2010

Pr-test RQ received: may 2011

RQ send : jun  2011 

Test: still wating

but i been visit lawyer  we fellow the write of mandamus 
hi, I do not think WOM really helps, I do not know even 1 applicant who really got any help because of it, all applicants who made WOM were in routine timeframe 

What is the last thing you heard from call center agent?

I don't quite agree with you Greeny. I have had 2 friends/people who went through this route. One was issued RQ in 2010 and the other one was issued in 2011.

The WOM was filed by the lawyers and in case lawyers did accompany one for JH. Off course it costed them lot of money.

CIC- Scarborough
Applied: Jun 2011
Started: July 2011
Test/Interview/RQ: - July 2012
RQ submitted: Sep 2012
File xfered to Scarborough for Oath: Early June/End July
Oath- Early Nov
Now a Canadian :)
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 11:33am

Re Writ of Mandamus:

As is the case more often than not, relative to whether an applicant can advance his cause by pursuing a particular course of action, the decision to pursue recourse by way of a Writ of Mandamus is a personal decision dependent on the specific circumstances in the individual case. Pursuing a Writ will help some applicants. It is of little help at great expense for other applicants. And the timing matters a great deal, it often being too soon for many.

And Mandamus is an unusual remedy, and thus it is unusual for it to be available.

But the percentage of post-test RQ'd applicants, for whom Mandamus is an appropriate course to pursue, is not really the determinative factor post-test RQ'd applicants should consider, and even the extent of the delay to date is not the deciding factor. There are many factors, factors specific to the individual case.

It is similar to the question about making an ATIP application, since in this respect, likewise for a large majority of post-test RQ'd applicants, there is little or nothing much to be gained from ATIP obtained reports. But for some applicants, the ATIP is a good idea and can provide information which will be of significant if not critical use.

Overall there is no-one-rule-fits-all. General proclamations asserting that every applicant can benefit from pursuing Mandamus, or that no one will benefit from pursuing Mandamus, are equally unfounded, not true.

Thus, while the bottom-line for most applicants, including post-test RQ'd applicants, for most of the time, is simply about waiting for CIC to take the next step, just waiting is not right for all applicants. For many post-test RQ'd applicants, in particular, learning more about what matters and how the process works can help them make decisions about what can be done and when to do it, including help them identify if and when an ATIP request should be made, or if and when a lawyer should be at least consulted about available recourse (such as pursuing a Writ of Mandamus . . . or obtaining assistance in preparation for a hearing with the Citizenship Judge).   

Originally posted by venky_ms venky_ms wrote:

The WOM was filed by the lawyers and in case lawyers did accompany one for JH.

My impression, which I hope you can confirm or clarify, is that you are referring to a case in which a hearing with the Citizenship Judge was scheduled in response to the applicant pursuing the Writ of Mandamus. This is significant. Some reports in this and other forums tend to suggest that pursuing the Writ of Mandamus directly leads to a grant of citizenship. I and some others have tried to convey the caution that for some applicants, pursuing the Writ does not necessarily lead to a positive result.

Yes, lawyers can be, and most often will be, quite expensive. For post-test RQ'd applicants destined for a Citizenship Judge hearing, especially now (under the process implemented as of August 1st), the assistance of a lawyer can make a big difference. Lawyers cannot change the facts, but they know what matters, what information and evidence can make a difference, and be instrumental in organizing and presenting the evidence in a way that is more likely to make the case. Whether they are worth the cost is, of course, another one of those very personal decisions.

Do you know, venky_ms, what the ultimate outcome was in those cases where a WoM was pursued and lawyers accompanied the applicant to a hearing?

greeny: Please clarify if what you refer to as "2nd RQ" was form CIT 0171 (a "Residence Questionnaire"), or another CIT form and if so, please let use know which form, such as whether it was CIT 0520 or another.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
venky_ms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venky_ms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

Re Writ of Mandamus:

As is the case more often than not, relative to whether an applicant can advance his cause by pursuing a particular course of action, the decision to pursue recourse by way of a Writ of Mandamus is a personal decision dependent on the specific circumstances in the individual case. Pursuing a Writ will help some applicants. It is of little help at great expense for other applicants. And the timing matters a great deal, it often being too soon for many.

And Mandamus is an unusual remedy, and thus it is unusual for it to be available.

But the percentage of post-test RQ'd applicants, for whom Mandamus is an appropriate course to pursue, is not really the determinative factor post-test RQ'd applicants should consider, and even the extent of the delay to date is not the deciding factor. There are many factors, factors specific to the individual case.

It is similar to the question about making an ATIP application, since in this respect, likewise for a large majority of post-test RQ'd applicants, there is little or nothing much to be gained from ATIP obtained reports. But for some applicants, the ATIP is a good idea and can provide information which will be of significant if not critical use.

Overall there is no-one-rule-fits-all. General proclamations asserting that every applicant can benefit from pursuing Mandamus, or that no one will benefit from pursuing Mandamus, are equally unfounded, not true.

Thus, while the bottom-line for most applicants, including post-test RQ'd applicants, for most of the time, is simply about waiting for CIC to take the next step, just waiting is not right for all applicants. For many post-test RQ'd applicants, in particular, learning more about what matters and how the process works can help them make decisions about what can be done and when to do it, including help them identify if and when an ATIP request should be made, or if and when a lawyer should be at least consulted about available recourse (such as pursuing a Writ of Mandamus . . . or obtaining assistance in preparation for a hearing with the Citizenship Judge).   

Originally posted by venky_ms venky_ms wrote:

The WOM was filed by the lawyers and in case lawyers did accompany one for JH.

My impression, which I hope you can confirm or clarify, is that you are referring to a case in which a hearing with the Citizenship Judge was scheduled in response to the applicant pursuing the Writ of Mandamus. This is significant. Some reports in this and other forums tend to suggest that pursuing the Writ of Mandamus directly leads to a grant of citizenship. I and some others have tried to convey the caution that for some applicants, pursuing the Writ does not necessarily lead to a positive result.

Yes, lawyers can be, and most often will be, quite expensive. For post-test RQ'd applicants destined for a Citizenship Judge hearing, especially now (under the process implemented as of August 1st), the assistance of a lawyer can make a big difference. Lawyers cannot change the facts, but they know what matters, what information and evidence can make a difference, and be instrumental in organizing and presenting the evidence in a way that is more likely to make the case. Whether they are worth the cost is, of course, another one of those very personal decisions.

Do you know, venky_ms, what the ultimate outcome was in those cases where a WoM was pursued and lawyers accompanied the applicant to a hearing?

greeny: Please clarify if what you refer to as "2nd RQ" was form CIT 0171 (a "Residence Questionnaire"), or another CIT form and if so, please let use know which form, such as whether it was CIT 0520 or another.

Yes I am referring to a case in which a hearing with the Citizenship Judge. This happened due to initiation of WOM. WOM was pursued.  The lawyer accompanied the applicant

CIC- Scarborough
Applied: Jun 2011
Started: July 2011
Test/Interview/RQ: - July 2012
RQ submitted: Sep 2012
File xfered to Scarborough for Oath: Early June/End July
Oath- Early Nov
Now a Canadian :)
Peterborough View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterborough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 1:54pm
A new week, hope that one of us waiting the Oath letter get it.
Honestly, it is ridiculous, waiting for more than 41 months already...

ANY GOOD NEWS PLZ????
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2014 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Peterborough Peterborough wrote:

A new week, hope that one of us waiting the Oath letter get it.
Honestly, it is ridiculous, waiting for more than 41 months already...

ANY GOOD NEWS PLZ????
thank you!

sometimes No news are GOOD newsLOL

landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterborough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 9:45am
I am not sure no news from CIC is good news for me... 
Just feel like this ministry needs a complete overhaul.

I called CIC call center, its so lame that they used the unavailability for the delay in oath scheduling, particularly that we all know the SCARBOROUGH office is giving invitation left and right.

Very disturbing..

asifatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 3:36pm
So i completed 35 months on Sept-21. Call CIC to congratulate them and in return i was told they cannot send any request to see what is happening on my file since additional documents were requested couple months ago. 
I am told to call next month and they will investigate with local office of whats going on. 
Received-23/OCT/11 : Location-Oshawa : Office-Scarborough : In-Process-30/JAN/12 : Test-NOV/7/12 : RQ-NOV/7/2012 : RQ processed at ST.Clair Office
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by asifatt asifatt wrote:

So i completed 35 months on Sept-21. Call CIC to congratulate them and in return i was told they cannot send any request to see what is happening on my file since additional documents were requested couple months ago. 
I am told to call next month and they will investigate with local office of whats going on. 
in August they sent out lots of "lucky" letters inquiring aditional docs - like second RQ-mini 

landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
Canadiandesi2006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadiandesi2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 10:15pm
Looks like, CIC's request for additional doc is just an excuse to buy additional time for the files which are about to complete 35 months.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterborough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 8:39am
All I see is the boost of new applications while the old applications are on the shelf. 
I just suspect that the deliberate delay in RQ vicitims processing is linked to CIC statistics, including us will affect their average for sure given that the election is few months away.

I dont think the Government is willing to deal with the RQ victims yet. 

I am sure that without a legal move, CIC wont finalize our files. We should sue CIC scarborough office. 

What do you think guys؟
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 181>
  Share Topic