Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Police Certificate: Kuwait

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police Certificate: Kuwait
    Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:02am
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has obtain a police certificate from Kuwait (while not living there and being unable to travel there in person) - and if they would be willing to share their experiences. My husband and I are facing challenges on this front and I would very much appreciate any info or advice anyone has to provide.

My husband lived in Kuwait for a year and a half in the mid 1980's. Consequently we have to submit a police certificate from this country as part of his application. According to the CIC website, there are three ways to obtain the certificate if no longer living in the country:

1) visit in person [too expensive for us to consider]
2) send a representative on our behalf [we are trying to find an expat contact there but aren't sure if we are going to be successful]
3) obtain the certificate from a Kuwaiti embassy or consulate [my husband spoke with them by phone and if we go this route, they still expect him to either visit Kuwait in person or send a representative]

In short, option #3 doesn't seem to exist and it appears that only options #1 and #2 are available.

Needless to say, we're very concered about how we are going to meet this application criteria.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic