Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ottawa timelines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 2:16am
iusufali - I was really surprised that I got a RQ. the interview was smooth, but apparently, they doubt about my children school - I sent them the proof in 5 days after being asked... now, I am waiting - I would like to talk to that girl one more just to know the reason...
Kingstonian, if it takes that time, they told me that you would need to see a judge, did you try to call the CIC? they will be able to tell you if your file needs a judge review - I called them yesterday and they told me that they are still reviewing my file and no decision was taken yet.
Mankalita - did you get any RQ or just waiting?
mankalita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mankalita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 3:39pm
Hi uott,
No RQ, just waiting, waiting, and waiting. Although, I should not complain, 12 months has passesed on January 5th.
dec08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dec08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 11:23am
Originally posted by mankalita mankalita wrote:

Hi uott,
No RQ, just waiting, waiting, and waiting. Although, I should not complain, 12 months has passesed on January 5th.

Hi Mankalita,
if our timeline is now the new standard for Ottawa ( i.e.: Dec 08 submission--> Jan 09 oath), you should get your notice in a few weeks and you would be citizen by the end of February,
good luck!

dec08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dec08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 4:07pm
Good news folks, I have received in the mail the invitation for oath!!!! January 27, 2010!!!!
cheers
Dec08  
mankalita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mankalita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 6:19pm
Hi,
maybe Canada is gonna present me with a Valentine's gift? I really hope for it
Mankalita
mankalita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mankalita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 11:01am

Finally, I've got an invitation to take the oath - January 28!!!!!!! (sent January 14, status changed on line on January 17). I am so happy! For me it was just one year and 2 weeks from the time I have send an application.

dec08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dec08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 12:21pm
Congrats Mankalita,
happy to hear that your journey is over!
cheers
Dec08
mankalita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mankalita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 6:15pm
Thank you, same to you, it is really a happy New Year for all of us :o)
Mankalita
Sep07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sep07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 11:46am
I got RQ before test. Here is my timeline:
Oct. 2007 submitted the application
April. 2008 submitted the RQ
Jan. 2010 Test

I definitely completed 1095 days. Waiting for hearing judge or taking oath now.

Originally posted by uott uott wrote:

iusufali - I was really surprised that I got a RQ. the interview was smooth, but apparently, they doubt about my children school - I sent them the proof in 5 days after being asked... now, I am waiting - I would like to talk to that girl one more just to know the reason...
Kingstonian, if it takes that time, they told me that you would need to see a judge, did you try to call the CIC? they will be able to tell you if your file needs a judge review - I called them yesterday and they told me that they are still reviewing my file and no decision was taken yet.
dec08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dec08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 11:29am
Hopefully in few months you would be done. that has been a long time you have been waiting bro...
cheers
Dec08

Originally posted by Sep07 Sep07 wrote:

I got RQ before test. Here is my timeline:
Oct. 2007 submitted the application
April. 2008 submitted the RQ
Jan. 2010 Test

I definitely completed 1095 days. Waiting for hearing judge or taking oath now.

Originally posted by uott uott wrote:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic