Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parent sponsorship-Big problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parent sponsorship-Big problem
    Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 2:07am
In 2008, I applied for my parents sponsorship.
In 2012, I accepted an expat position in the middle east and moved there. I am from one of those countries that had big disturbances in 2011/2012 "arab spring", and so I decided to move closer to my family so that they can visit me easily and can stay with me if things get out of control in my home country.

The visa office requested my parents passports along with a proof that I am still a resident of Canada. I sent them a note explaining that I left Canada a year ago to be close to my family and I will be back with my parents once the visa is issued. They didn't reply to my email, but instead replied to my father, telling him to submit a prove that I am still in Canada. They also refered to my note as "your sponsor admitted that he left Canada and if this is the case we will reject your application"
They labeled their note as "procedural fairness letter"

It seems that my parents application will be rejected after all.  Any comments? anything i can do to save the application?

Also, if there is no hope for this application. What would be your recommendation as a go forward. Should my parents:
  •  tell them that I left Canada and get a rejection
  • or withdraw the application

Thank you all

Edited by Tarik - 13 Sep 2013 at 2:12am
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 2:10pm
Hi

Originally posted by Tarik Tarik wrote:

In 2008, I applied for my parents sponsorship.
In 2012, I accepted an expat position in the middle east and moved there. I am from one of those countries that had big disturbances in 2011/2012 "arab spring", and so I decided to move closer to my family so that they can visit me easily and can stay with me if things get out of control in my home country.

The visa office requested my parents passports along with a proof that I am still a resident of Canada. I sent them a note explaining that I left Canada a year ago to be close to my family and I will be back with my parents once the visa is issued. They didn't reply to my email, but instead replied to my father, telling him to submit a prove that I am still in Canada. They also refered to my note as "your sponsor admitted that he left Canada and if this is the case we will reject your application"

They labeled their note as "procedural fairness letter"

It seems that my parents application will be rejected after all.  Any comments? anything i can do to save the application?

Also, if there is no hope for this application. What would be your recommendation as a go forward. Should my parents:

•  tell them that I left Canada and get a rejection
  • or withdraw the application

Thank you all

1. There is nothing that you can do really unless you have returned to Canada and severed all ties with your foreign employer. But then CHC will ask for proof of income from Canadian sources in the past year, and you won't be able to meet the LICO.
2. Whether you withdraw or go through and receive a refusal makes little difference, except with a refusal you will get appeal rights.
PMM
Tarik View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 3:30pm
Thanks PPM

Do you think if I appeal... I can win the case?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 1:50pm
Hi

Originally posted by Tarik Tarik wrote:

Thanks PPM

Do you think if I appeal... I can win the case?

Honestly? Little or no chance.
PMM
vony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 7:11am
I also thank you very much for that!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic