Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meeting your spouse/Partner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meeting your spouse/Partner
    Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:23pm
Did anyone else meet their spouse/partner online or via SMS Dating Service? How did you meet your loved one?< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
chipsfan7mary4 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipsfan7mary4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:01pm
I met my wife on a penpal forum called Worldfriends.com.  We started talking in May 2006.  I first met her in person at the Hong Kong airport in February 2007.  I visited her one more time in October 2007.  My family and I went to China in January 2008 for the wedding.  I went to Hong Kong to attend her interview in November 2008.  She got her visa the same day as her interview and returned home with me in November 2008.  Last week was her 1 year anniversary in Canada.
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:21pm
lol I was on vacation with my 10 year old. I was talking to a worker at the resort and my son says.... "Hey Mom, I want a baby brother". (I even wrote the whole story on our Application, left out NO details.Embarrassed)

My husband got his PRV yesterday and arrives in Canada on Friday, I'm already 8 months pregnant... so my son IS getting that baby brother! (it's a boy).

So he started this all.... at my husband's Immigration Interview the IO even said, that's unusual for a boy to say... hahahahaLOL
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
mitamata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitamata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 7:35pm
I met my husband on a forum dedicated to Terry Goodkind. It was an incredible fluke, I never even read any of Terry's books and were only there by accident because they had a thread on another author I liked.
We met in the summer of 2003, I flew to Canada to meet him in person a year later. October 2008 we were married and I've been in Canada since July of this year :)

It's interesting, the forum was not at all intended to be a dating service, but I know quite a few couples that met on there and eventually wound up together for good. And a lot of international couples - a lady from the US got married to a guy from South Africa, another from the US found a husband in the UK, a guy from the US moved to Thailand to marry his girlfriend (who's British btw),... It's quite a place. lol
Outland - spousal - Vienna - 2009
Feb 16th - app received at CPC-M
Mar 3rd - decision made at CPC-M
Mar 27th - received AOR
Apr 29th - PPR received via email
May 12th - Passport with visa received :)
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Mrs.Sam Mrs.Sam wrote:

lol I was on vacation with my 10 year old. I was talking to a worker at the resort and my son says.... "Hey Mom, I want a baby brother". (I even wrote the whole story on our Application, left out NO details.Embarrassed)

My husband got his PRV yesterday and arrives in Canada on Friday, I'm already 8 months pregnant... so my son IS getting that baby brother! (it's a boy).

So he started this all.... at my husband's Immigration Interview the IO even said, that's unusual for a boy to say... hahahahaLOL

Okay, that may be the funniest most absurd story I've heard in years. Yay you and I guess you owe your child a car when they reach 16!

Congratulations again - to you, you spouse and your child who started it all!

Edited by tgchi13 - 02 Dec 2009 at 7:54pm
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:26pm
Oh ya, we were in the pool so he kept swimming over and saying, "How's that baby brother coming?" LOL 

Thanks for the congrats, believe me he's milking it for all it's worth, I'm sure he'll expect that car to be right out of the showroom! Big smile I'm also sure he'll be telling his brother all of his life, "If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be here." lol

Originally posted by tgchi13 tgchi13 wrote:

Originally posted by Mrs.Sam Mrs.Sam wrote:

Okay, that may be the funniest most absurd story I've heard in years. Yay you and I guess you owe your child a car when they reach 16!

Congratulations again - to you, you spouse and your child who started it all!

"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 9:09pm
I met my guy online five years ago. I was searching for Tubthumping and, for some reason that neither of us can explain (he never referenced it), the first hit was his website. HIs dog had just passed and I sent him my sympathies. Months later, he came across my comment in spam and two new canine additions (and several fosters) later we are who and where we are.

Edited by tgchi13 - 02 Dec 2009 at 10:19pm
tgchi ~
'so close, no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart, forever trusting who WE are and nothing else matters' Going State-side!
Ravenesque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravenesque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:29pm
Met hubby on match.com 4.5 yrs ago. We had instant online chemistry, met about 5 months later in person, and clicked. Two years later, we're married. :-)
-----------------------------------------
Dec-02-2009 - Rcvd by CPC-M
Dec-29-2009 - Sponsor Apprvl
Jan-14-2010 - AOR Buffalo
Feb-05-2010 - File to Seattle
tgchi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgchi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Ravenesque Ravenesque wrote:

Met hubby on match.com 4.5 yrs ago. We had instant online chemistry, met about 5 months later in person, and clicked. Two years later, we're married. :-)

Two years later you were married...what can I say? That makes three years smarter than we were :-)
tgchi ~
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:18am
I met my fiance playing facebook poker, what a hand that was :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic